• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan's Scorecard

xmanhockey7

Saw Arizona was proud of their score of 0 for the Brady Campaign scorecard so I figured us Michiganians should see what we got.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/MI

25 isn't bad but I think we can get it lower with the new republican control. Somehow Illinois only got a 35 which makes no sense to me but what do I know? In one of the categories I think we should have gotten 10 points instead of 0. They said that we don't require background checks on handgun sales (including gun shows) even though we really do with the permit to purchase and CPL holders purchases of handguns. Oh well leave it to the Brady Campaign to mess that up.

kubel

Makes me want to move to Arizona. :)

Can't do much worse (or better) than 0 from the Brady Bunch. Arizona must be doing something right.

xmanhockey7

The way I see it their "best" state is Kalifornia with a score of 80/100. So basically the brady campaigns best state only gets a B-.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
The way I see it their "best" state is Kalifornia with a score of 80/100. So basically the brady campaigns best state only gets a B-.

Which tells you their real agenda is to totally outlaw guns, despite their rhetoric of "we just want sensible control".

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Makes me want to move to Arizona. :)

Can't do much worse (or better) than 0 from the Brady Bunch. Arizona must be doing something right.

Don't move to Southern Arizona just yet...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/liberals-southern-arizona-seek-form-state-130257516.html

Reuters said:
A long-simmering movement by liberal stalwarts in southern Arizona to break away from the rest of the largely conservative state is at a boiling point as secession backers press to bring their longshot ambition to the forefront of Arizona politics.

A group of lawyers from the Democratic stronghold of Tucson and surrounding Pima County have launched a petition drive seeking support for a November 2012 ballot question on whether the 48th state should be divided in two.

The ultimate goal of the newly formed political action committee Start our State is to split Pima County off into what would become the nation's 51st state, tentatively dubbed Baja Arizona.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Which tells you their real agenda is to totally outlaw guns, despite their rhetoric of "we just want sensible control".
It would be so wonderful if the folks who argue in favor of "sensible", "reasonable", and "appropriate", restrictions on the right to bear arms in reference to OC so as not to "offend" anyone would realize they are offering the very same anti gun arguments the Brady Bunch invented......

Sorry guys.... just venting....