Thread: Congrats ryan

Congrats ryan

Good news, good news.

Charged dropped for Ryan in L.A.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=431472

Thank you CGF!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!
    https://www.calgunsfoundation.org/donate.html

Congratulations Ryan- thank you for asserting your liberty.

And thank you Calguns Foundation for standing for liberty... Financial support inbound.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Thanks hope to get the info out soon.
    Last edited by ryanburbridge; 05-11-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

Quote Originally Posted by ryanburbridge View Post
    Thanks hope to get the info out soon.
    The blog needs to be updated if you want to post your story on there...

GOOD JERB!

We're proud to protect the interests of innocent firearm owners, like Ryan, and thank all of you for your support so we can continue doing just that.

-Brandon
    Brandon Combs
    Secretary, Calguns Foundation
    Member, CRPA Board of Directors

Join me in making regular monthly tax-deductible donations to the Calguns Foundation and help us advance gun rights in California today!

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all comments are my own and not the approved position of any organization, nor should they be considered legal advice.

Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
    Ryan you are a true patriot. Congrats on your win.

Great example of why it is so important to not voluntarily give up your rights when you are out in public with a firearm. Its impossible to predict what trumped up case LEOs may bring at you after you walk away feeling "good" that you "cooperated" by volunteering your ID and more. Having been on the record maintaining his rights I believe was a big factor in the cases dismissal.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Thank you CGF!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
    The blog needs to be updated if you want to post your story on there...

GOOD JERB!
    Yes indeed. I started last night but was asked to wait. If anyone would like the info to look through privately email me @ ryanburbridge@yahoo.com. All I ask is not to post publicly until I get the ok.

James Taranto

James Taranto

Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    Great example of why it is so important to not voluntarily give up your rights when you are out in public with a firearm. Its impossible to predict what trumped up case LEOs may bring at you after you walk away feeling "good" that you "cooperated" by volunteering your ID and more. Having been on the record maintaining his rights I believe was a big factor in the cases dismissal.
    100% correct!

Some will say that this all could have been avoided if I would have just rolled over on my rights. But it would have weakened my case. It is ALWAYS better to remain silent! Evoke your rights and have witnesses. I have the audio an transcript. It's only four minutes long but clearly shows the motive of the case. Contempt of cop.

James Taranto

James Taranto

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    ryan - how and where were you arrested ? did they allow you to leave and then come to your home to arrest you ?
    I was never arrested. After the four minute interaction my family and I left the mall. Unknown to us we were followed and our license plate number recorded. They pulled my DMV picture and put me in a six pack line up. Confirmed with the main officer that the owner of the car was the same person that they stopped. A month later a letter showed up at my house explaining the charges PC148. Total BS. At arraignment the judge said as a condition of bail I could not own poses or use firearms. I could have refused and stayed in jail.

Thank you Cal Guns.

Sticky here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=431472

James Taranto

James Taranto

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    This is why I am moving to Montana.

Are you going to sue them ?
    If I had the money. Cal Guns has not said yes or no on the subject.

James Taranto

James Taranto

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Hey Ryan, sorry you got jacked up like that, but am glad you stuck to your guns and excersized your rights. Very cool that CGF helped you out, and in so doing helped us all.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    If I had the money. Cal Guns has not said yes or no on the subject.

James Taranto
    The lesson needs to be taught they need to be sued, look for a lawyer who will take the case on contingency if Cal Guns says no.

It took me a year before I found a lawyer who would take my case.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Glad to hear the charges were dropped!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    Hey Ryan, sorry you got jacked up like that, but am glad you stuck to your guns and excersized your rights. Very cool that CGF helped you out, and in so doing helped us all.
    Thanks bud. It's crazy to think a four minute encounter could cost so much. They use qualified immunity to really screw people over. If I did not have the support of cal guns I may have been screwed. One year in county or three years probation. Umm wow what a deal.

James Taranto

James Taranto

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    I hope CGF (and you) decide to file suit against them to hold them accountable. Baseless prosecutions like this should not go unchallenged.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Ryan, just remenber,.....freedom is not FREE

Thanks bud. It's crazy to think a four minute encounter could cost so much. They use qualified immunity to really screw people over. If I did not have the support of cal guns I may have been screwed. One year in county or three years probation. Umm wow what a deal.

James Taranto
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++

Ryan just remember, freedom is not FREE........

I understand you being a self appointed front guy for urban UOC. Your actions have led to more than a handful of incidents with police attention. Some have turned out uglier than others when the LEO's showed up. You seem well prepared and knowlegable regarding UOC . Recorders seem to be present to help protect you from unlawful police actions. You seem willing to take on the LEO's without backing down, or compromising,and that is a true 2A patriot.

However your actions, and any negative results that follow, like getting charged with bogus crimes(as wrong as that may be) need to be tempered with some more personal responsibility for these events. Being defend by CGF's attorney funds is not free, which I assume you have not paid back in full. That means you are letting others pay for your own individual actions and decisions. UOC at a large public shopping Mall is going to draw a police response in LA County. If that is what you want to do, cool, just pay for the results if you get falsely busted, and don't ask for any more financial help. Your actions , your mess.

I have followed your various illegal UOC "Contempt of Cop" detainments, and fully support your rights. I smell a large civil suit in the works, and if you do that, I wish you success. You obviously have been wronged in Long Beach and Cerritos. I hope no other LEO ever bothers you again. Just if any more crap happens to you, plan on having your own money for defense, and not getting it from public groups. That is called personal responsibility. I question the wisdom under the current timing circumstances , of UOC'ing at a shopping Mall in Los Angeles County with legislation pending trying to ban UOC. Talking about throwing gasoline on the fire. I suggest you put some serious thought for every time and place you UOC. Consider if you are furthering your safety by UOC'ing at certain high profile locations, or risking your life from a bad LEO shooting , your freedom from false arrest and your family's financial well being far beyond what the safety of a unloaded sidearm could provide you. Best I can tell all your armed run-ins have been with LEO's ,not BG"s. That is not what UOC self defense is all about. Maybe using a less confrontational approach (and less dramatic style) with LEO contacts should be considered as a option. PM me with a phone number, I have more info to this than I can post here.

Quote Originally Posted by oc4ever View Post
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++

Ryan just remember, freedom is not FREE........

I understand you being a self appointed front guy for urban UOC. Your actions have led to more than a handful of incidents with police attention. Some have turned out uglier than others when the LEO's showed up. You seem well prepared and knowlegable regarding UOC . Recorders seem to be present to help protect you from unlawful police actions. You seem willing to take on the LEO's without backing down, or compromising,and that is a true 2A patriot.

However your actions, and any negative results that follow, like getting charged with bogus crimes(as wrong as that may be) need to be tempered with some more personal responsibility for these events. Being defend by CGF's attorney funds is not free, which I assume you have not paid back in full. That means you are letting others pay for your own individual actions and decisions. UOC at a large public shopping Mall is going to draw a police response in LA County. If that is what you want to do, cool, just pay for the results if you get falsely busted, and don't ask for any more financial help. Your actions , your mess.

I have followed your various illegal UOC "Contempt of Cop" detainments, and fully support your rights. I smell a large civil suit in the works, and if you do that, I wish you success. You obviously have been wronged in Long Beach and Cerritos. I hope no other LEO ever bothers you again. Just if any more crap happens to you, plan on having your own money for defense, and not getting it from public groups. That is called personal responsibility. I question the wisdom under the current timing circumstances , of UOC'ing at a shopping Mall in Los Angeles County with legislation pending trying to ban UOC. Talking about throwing gasoline on the fire. I suggest you put some serious thought for every time and place you UOC. Consider if you are furthering your safety by UOC'ing at certain high profile locations, or risking your life from a bad LEO shooting , your freedom from false arrest and your family's financial well being far beyond what the safety of a unloaded sidearm could provide you. Best I can tell all your armed run-ins have been with LEO's ,not BG"s. That is not what UOC self defense is all about. Maybe using a less confrontational approach (and less dramatic style) with LEO contacts should be considered as a option. PM me with a phone number, I have more info to this than I can post here.
    Thanks for your constructive criticism.

Ill take the "front guy for urban UOC" as a complement but I never appointed my self as such. I think you are being a little unfair when you talk about CGF defending me. CGF was not forced to spend money on my defense. CGF looked at the case and felt it was something they should take on. If any donor has issues with how CGF spends donations im sure there are ways to be heard. I never thought for a second that if I get into trouble someone els should pay. I am thankful for all the people that make what CGF did for me possible. I am also not ashamed for what CGF did for me.

I am at a loss of words to your comments about my wisdom and timing. Do you UOC? Why? Looking at my two options for carrying a handgun for defense UOC and LUCC I choose UOC. I feel UOC provides a visual deterrent and provides for a quicker response to a threat. Timing? UOC is LEGAL! I have carried at that same location at least six different times without an issue. I have over 160 separate recordings of daily UOCing without incident. (mostly evenings and weekends) I have had contact with LEO at least twelve different times while UOCing only three of the encounters being negative. Do you know when you will "need" a gun for protection? I carry majority of the time and will LUCC when the ban passes.

I agree that anyone who UOCs should understand the laws and consequences. It would make sense to have at least 10,000 to 15,000 ready to defend yourself. (for anything not just UOC) BUT I will not be upset if one is not prepared. I will continue making donations to groups like CGF so that if someone needs the help they can get it.

Again thanks for you detailed thoughts its good to have discussions like this.

Contact info
    Phone (562)243-2622
    email ryanburbridge@yahoo.com
    Youtube ryanburbridge

Carry on

Cal Guns forum deleted the thread about my case. Once again the forum shows their true face. If you dont agree with them DELETE!!!! total BS if you ask me.

James Taranto

Cal Guns forum deleted the thread about my case. Once again the forum shows their true face. If you dont agree with them DELETE!!!! total BS if you ask me.
    Actually, the thread was purged of all the responses to your case. There was an off topic discussion that was derailing the whole purpose of the thread and one of the mods snipped everything but Gene's announcement.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Actually, the thread was purged of all the responses to your case. There was an off topic discussion that was derailing the whole purpose of the thread and one of the mods snipped everything but Gene's announcement.
    thanks for the explanation.

James Taranto

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    thank you cgf!

Freedom is not free!
    qft...
    Last edited by cato; 05-20-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Ryan,

I haven't been on much. But I am glad everything worked out in your favor so far. If you pursue the lawsuit against them, I wish you much success. I only hope Jerry Brown has enough sense to veto AB 144 but I doubt it. Keep up the good work.

Here in Riverside, it's pretty school zone rich, so I haven't UOC'd much. I usually do when I walk to the local redbox, and haven't so much as seen a LEO. But I know my time will come, and instances like what you went through give us all hope.

Be well Ryan,

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast