• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congrats ryan

wildhawker

We're proud to protect the interests of innocent firearm owners, like Ryan, and thank all of you for your support so we can continue doing just that.

-Brandon

hgreen

Great example of why it is so important to not voluntarily give up your rights when you are out in public with a firearm. Its impossible to predict what trumped up case LEOs may bring at you after you walk away feeling "good" that you "cooperated" by volunteering your ID and more. Having been on the record maintaining his rights I believe was a big factor in the cases dismissal.

ryanburbridge

The blog needs to be updated if you want to post your story on there...

GOOD JERB!

Yes indeed. I started last night but was asked to wait. If anyone would like the info to look through privately email me @ ryanburbridge@yahoo.com. All I ask is not to post publicly until I get the ok.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

ryanburbridge

Great example of why it is so important to not voluntarily give up your rights when you are out in public with a firearm. Its impossible to predict what trumped up case LEOs may bring at you after you walk away feeling "good" that you "cooperated" by volunteering your ID and more. Having been on the record maintaining his rights I believe was a big factor in the cases dismissal.

100% correct!

Some will say that this all could have been avoided if I would have just rolled over on my rights. But it would have weakened my case. It is ALWAYS better to remain silent! Evoke your rights and have witnesses. I have the audio an transcript. It's only four minutes long but clearly shows the motive of the case. Contempt of cop.

James Taranto

Ca Patriot

ryan - how and where were you arrested ? did they allow you to leave and then come to your home to arrest you ?

ryanburbridge

ryan - how and where were you arrested ? did they allow you to leave and then come to your home to arrest you ?

I was never arrested. After the four minute interaction my family and I left the mall. Unknown to us we were followed and our license plate number recorded. They pulled my DMV picture and put me in a six pack line up. Confirmed with the main officer that the owner of the car was the same person that they stopped. A month later a letter showed up at my house explaining the charges PC148. Total BS. At arraignment the judge said as a condition of bail I could not own poses or use firearms. I could have refused and stayed in jail.

Thank you Cal Guns.

Sticky here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=431472

James Taranto

sudden valley gunner

If I had the money. Cal Guns has not said yes or no on the subject.

James Taranto

The lesson needs to be taught they need to be sued, look for a lawyer who will take the case on contingency if Cal Guns says no.

It took me a year before I found a lawyer who would take my case.

ryanburbridge

Hey Ryan, sorry you got jacked up like that, but am glad you stuck to your guns and excersized your rights. Very cool that CGF helped you out, and in so doing helped us all.

Thanks bud. It's crazy to think a four minute encounter could cost so much. They use qualified immunity to really screw people over. If I did not have the support of cal guns I may have been screwed. One year in county or three years probation. Umm wow what a deal.

James Taranto