• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congrats ryan

oc4ever

Ryan, just remenber,.....freedom is not FREE

Thanks bud. It's crazy to think a four minute encounter could cost so much. They use qualified immunity to really screw people over. If I did not have the support of cal guns I may have been screwed. One year in county or three years probation. Umm wow what a deal.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ryan just remember, freedom is not FREE........

I understand you being a self appointed front guy for urban UOC. Your actions have led to more than a handful of incidents with police attention. Some have turned out uglier than others when the LEO's showed up. You seem well prepared and knowlegable regarding UOC . Recorders seem to be present to help protect you from unlawful police actions. You seem willing to take on the LEO's without backing down, or compromising,and that is a true 2A patriot.

However your actions, and any negative results that follow, like getting charged with bogus crimes(as wrong as that may be) need to be tempered with some more personal responsibility for these events. Being defend by CGF's attorney funds is not free, which I assume you have not paid back in full. That means you are letting others pay for your own individual actions and decisions. UOC at a large public shopping Mall is going to draw a police response in LA County. If that is what you want to do, cool, just pay for the results if you get falsely busted, and don't ask for any more financial help. Your actions , your mess.

I have followed your various illegal UOC "Contempt of Cop" detainments, and fully support your rights. I smell a large civil suit in the works, and if you do that, I wish you success. You obviously have been wronged in Long Beach and Cerritos. I hope no other LEO ever bothers you again. Just if any more crap happens to you, plan on having your own money for defense, and not getting it from public groups. That is called personal responsibility. I question the wisdom under the current timing circumstances , of UOC'ing at a shopping Mall in Los Angeles County with legislation pending trying to ban UOC. Talking about throwing gasoline on the fire. I suggest you put some serious thought for every time and place you UOC. Consider if you are furthering your safety by UOC'ing at certain high profile locations, or risking your life from a bad LEO shooting , your freedom from false arrest and your family's financial well being far beyond what the safety of a unloaded sidearm could provide you. Best I can tell all your armed run-ins have been with LEO's ,not BG"s. That is not what UOC self defense is all about. Maybe using a less confrontational approach (and less dramatic style) with LEO contacts should be considered as a option. PM me with a phone number, I have more info to this than I can post here.

ryanburbridge

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ryan just remember, freedom is not FREE........

I understand you being a self appointed front guy for urban UOC. Your actions have led to more than a handful of incidents with police attention. Some have turned out uglier than others when the LEO's showed up. You seem well prepared and knowlegable regarding UOC . Recorders seem to be present to help protect you from unlawful police actions. You seem willing to take on the LEO's without backing down, or compromising,and that is a true 2A patriot.

However your actions, and any negative results that follow, like getting charged with bogus crimes(as wrong as that may be) need to be tempered with some more personal responsibility for these events. Being defend by CGF's attorney funds is not free, which I assume you have not paid back in full. That means you are letting others pay for your own individual actions and decisions. UOC at a large public shopping Mall is going to draw a police response in LA County. If that is what you want to do, cool, just pay for the results if you get falsely busted, and don't ask for any more financial help. Your actions , your mess.

I have followed your various illegal UOC "Contempt of Cop" detainments, and fully support your rights. I smell a large civil suit in the works, and if you do that, I wish you success. You obviously have been wronged in Long Beach and Cerritos. I hope no other LEO ever bothers you again. Just if any more crap happens to you, plan on having your own money for defense, and not getting it from public groups. That is called personal responsibility. I question the wisdom under the current timing circumstances , of UOC'ing at a shopping Mall in Los Angeles County with legislation pending trying to ban UOC. Talking about throwing gasoline on the fire. I suggest you put some serious thought for every time and place you UOC. Consider if you are furthering your safety by UOC'ing at certain high profile locations, or risking your life from a bad LEO shooting , your freedom from false arrest and your family's financial well being far beyond what the safety of a unloaded sidearm could provide you. Best I can tell all your armed run-ins have been with LEO's ,not BG"s. That is not what UOC self defense is all about. Maybe using a less confrontational approach (and less dramatic style) with LEO contacts should be considered as a option. PM me with a phone number, I have more info to this than I can post here.

Thanks for your constructive criticism.

Ill take the "front guy for urban UOC" as a complement but I never appointed my self as such. I think you are being a little unfair when you talk about CGF defending me. CGF was not forced to spend money on my defense. CGF looked at the case and felt it was something they should take on. If any donor has issues with how CGF spends donations im sure there are ways to be heard. I never thought for a second that if I get into trouble someone els should pay. I am thankful for all the people that make what CGF did for me possible. I am also not ashamed for what CGF did for me.

I am at a loss of words to your comments about my wisdom and timing. Do you UOC? Why? Looking at my two options for carrying a handgun for defense UOC and LUCC I choose UOC. I feel UOC provides a visual deterrent and provides for a quicker response to a threat. Timing? UOC is LEGAL! I have carried at that same location at least six different times without an issue. I have over 160 separate recordings of daily UOCing without incident. (mostly evenings and weekends) I have had contact with LEO at least twelve different times while UOCing only three of the encounters being negative. Do you know when you will "need" a gun for protection? I carry majority of the time and will LUCC when the ban passes.

I agree that anyone who UOCs should understand the laws and consequences. It would make sense to have at least 10,000 to 15,000 ready to defend yourself. (for anything not just UOC) BUT I will not be upset if one is not prepared. I will continue making donations to groups like CGF so that if someone needs the help they can get it.

Again thanks for you detailed thoughts its good to have discussions like this.

Contact info
Phone (562)243-2622
email ryanburbridge@yahoo.com
Youtube ryanburbridge

Carry on

Cal Guns forum deleted the thread about my case. Once again the forum shows their true face. If you dont agree with them DELETE!!!! total BS if you ask me.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Cal Guns forum deleted the thread about my case. Once again the forum shows their true face. If you dont agree with them DELETE!!!! total BS if you ask me.

Actually, the thread was purged of all the responses to your case. There was an off topic discussion that was derailing the whole purpose of the thread and one of the mods snipped everything but Gene's announcement.

vindicated

Ryan,

I haven't been on much. But I am glad everything worked out in your favor so far. If you pursue the lawsuit against them, I wish you much success. I only hope Jerry Brown has enough sense to veto AB 144 but I doubt it. Keep up the good work.

Here in Riverside, it's pretty school zone rich, so I haven't UOC'd much. I usually do when I walk to the local redbox, and haven't so much as seen a LEO. But I know my time will come, and instances like what you went through give us all hope.

Be well Ryan,

David