• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March w/MOC in a Memorial Day parade!!

scot623

MOC's application to march in Sterling Heights' Memorial Day parade has been accepted. We participated last year and it was one of the highlights of our year. Join us to honor the heroes who gave their lives to protect our rights. You do not have to OC to march with us, but OC is absolutely encouraged. This is a kid friendly parade, so bring your little ones if you like!

Details...

When- Monday May 30th staging @ 8:30am, marching @ 10:00am

Where- Shuttle buses at the parades ending point will transport you to the staging area. This saves you the walk back to your car at the end of the parade. A CPL is required to use this service. Buses run 7:30am-9:30am from Heritage Jr. High 37400 Dodge Park Sterling Heights. If you do not want to use the shuttle, meet at the City Hall Complex located at the intersection of Dodge Park/Utica Rd, in the parking lot, south of the library.

Dress weather appropriate(it was 80 degrees and sunny last year!) and wear comfortable walking shoes.

Thank you to MOC's President for setting this up again!

PDinDetroit

Hands down, this was my best OC Experience to date.

Since last year was the first year for this event, many of us were pretty nervous at "marching down the center of the road OC'ing". After about 25 "thumbs-up" responses, I stopped counting. Nothing but positive responses last year.

IN

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Thats so when you guys start waveing your guns in the air and shooting off rounds they can hose you down. JK have fun all.

Maybe they are there to wash off the blood that most certainly will be running in the streets. All I can say is that you folks need to think about the children! (Extreme sarcasm)
Hope you all have fun and I thank those who attend for exercising a right that exemplifies what others have died for.

nate0486

This was a great event. Got to honor those who fought and lost their lives for our rights. Lots of people clapping for us. Along the route was a WWII vet some of us stopped and thanked him for his service. Great way to start a beautiful Memorial day.

scot623

24 patriots marched with MOC today in honor of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I was humbled by the parade watchers and veterans who saluted us, clapped for us and yelled out the occasional "Hell yeah!" or "that's what I'm talking about!". I would be surprised if I attend another event this year that makes me feel more resolute in continuing to do what I do. God bless America!

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

Yet more proof that what we do is a good thing. There were so many positive reactions to us it was really a great thing to see so many vets saluteing us and clapping. This was an even bigger success than it was last year! we nearly doubled the number we had last year! A vet I shook hands with said he really loved to see people on the front line of gun rights!
Such a great event! Can't wait to see the group pictures!!:banana:

eastmeyers

24 patriots marched with MOC today in honor of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I was humbled by the parade watchers and veterans who saluted us, clapped for us and yell out the occasional "Hell yeah!" or "that's what I'm talking about!". I would be surprised if I attend another event this year that makes me feel more resolute in continuing to do what I do. God bless America!
Thank you to all that marched!
God Bless America!
A Blessed Memorial Day to all!
Thank you to all of our Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, and other Service Members!
God Bless our Fallen, and our Veterans!

Brian D

This was a great event. Got to honor those who fought and lost their lives for our rights. Lots of people clapping for us. Along the route was a WWII vet some of us stopped and thanked him for his service. Great way to start a beautiful Memorial day.

That man in the wheelchair toward the end almost got a tear out of me. Just something about him and the look he has when he had a line of OCers wanting to shake his hand.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

This was a great event again, about twice the number of people participating. I think we were better received than last year, if that was possible.