Thread: March w/MOC in a Memorial Day parade!!

March w/MOC in a Memorial Day parade!!

MOC's application to march in Sterling Heights' Memorial Day parade has been accepted. We participated last year and it was one of the highlights of our year. Join us to honor the heroes who gave their lives to protect our rights. You do not have to OC to march with us, but OC is absolutely encouraged. This is a kid friendly parade, so bring your little ones if you like!

Details...

When- Monday May 30th staging @ 8:30am, marching @ 10:00am

Where- Shuttle buses at the parades ending point will transport you to the staging area. This saves you the walk back to your car at the end of the parade. A CPL is required to use this service. Buses run 7:30am-9:30am from Heritage Jr. High 37400 Dodge Park Sterling Heights. If you do not want to use the shuttle, meet at the City Hall Complex located at the intersection of Dodge Park/Utica Rd, in the parking lot, south of the library.

Dress weather appropriate(it was 80 degrees and sunny last year!) and wear comfortable walking shoes.

Thank you to MOC's President for setting this up again!

Hands down, this was my best OC Experience to date.

Since last year was the first year for this event, many of us were pretty nervous at "marching down the center of the road OC'ing". After about 25 "thumbs-up" responses, I stopped counting. Nothing but positive responses last year.

IN

Did you guys pass out candy, or brochures, or bullets?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    They pass out knowledge...and everyone knows knowledge is power!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    Did you guys pass out candy, or brochures, or bullets?
    Hey, if you need bullets I'll shoot a couple your way. Rephrasing now... I'll give you a couple
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 05-11-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: rephrase
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Hey, if you need bullets I'll shoot a couple your way. Rephrasing now... I'll give you a couple
    LoL.. you're a generous guy.. I'll pass on that offer though. Thanks.

Bump!!!

WOW, This needs a MUCH needed bump! BUMP!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

IN!!!!!!!!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

I will be there +1 or 2

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar

Thank you

Thank you to all who do go to this! Spread the word carry on!

We are staged with the fire trucks for those coming out this morning.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    We are staged with the fire trucks for those coming out this morning.
    Thats so when you guys start waveing your guns in the air and shooting off rounds they can hose you down. JK have fun all.

Quote Originally Posted by quarter horseman View Post
    Thats so when you guys start waveing your guns in the air and shooting off rounds they can hose you down. JK have fun all.
    Maybe they are there to wash off the blood that most certainly will be running in the streets. All I can say is that you folks need to think about the children! (Extreme sarcasm)
    Hope you all have fun and I thank those who attend for exercising a right that exemplifies what others have died for.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

This was a great event. Got to honor those who fought and lost their lives for our rights. Lots of people clapping for us. Along the route was a WWII vet some of us stopped and thanked him for his service. Great way to start a beautiful Memorial day.

24 patriots marched with MOC today in honor of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I was humbled by the parade watchers and veterans who saluted us, clapped for us and yelled out the occasional "Hell yeah!" or "that's what I'm talking about!". I would be surprised if I attend another event this year that makes me feel more resolute in continuing to do what I do. God bless America!
    Last edited by scot623; 05-30-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Yet more proof that what we do is a good thing. There were so many positive reactions to us it was really a great thing to see so many vets saluteing us and clapping. This was an even bigger success than it was last year! we nearly doubled the number we had last year! A vet I shook hands with said he really loved to see people on the front line of gun rights!
    Such a great event! Can't wait to see the group pictures!!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    24 patriots marched with MOC today in honor of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I was humbled by the parade watchers and veterans who saluted us, clapped for us and yell out the occasional "Hell yeah!" or "that's what I'm talking about!". I would be surprised if I attend another event this year that makes me feel more resolute in continuing to do what I do. God bless America!
    Thank you to all that marched!
    God Bless America!
    A Blessed Memorial Day to all!
    Thank you to all of our Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen, and other Service Members!
    God Bless our Fallen, and our Veterans!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Great job guys! Glad to hear of so many positive reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by nate0486 View Post
    This was a great event. Got to honor those who fought and lost their lives for our rights. Lots of people clapping for us. Along the route was a WWII vet some of us stopped and thanked him for his service. Great way to start a beautiful Memorial day.
    That man in the wheelchair toward the end almost got a tear out of me. Just something about him and the look he has when he had a line of OCers wanting to shake his hand.
    Last edited by Brian D; 05-30-2011 at 09:51 PM.

This was a great event again, about twice the number of people participating. I think we were better received than last year, if that was possible.

PICS OR DID NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!

Really though, did you guys take some pictures? Video? Sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    PICS OR DID NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!

Really though, did you guys take some pictures? Video? Sounds awesome!
    Some of the pics are here http://www.facebook.com/MichiganOpenCarry

More were taken and will be posted as soon as we receive them.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Some of the pics are here http://www.facebook.com/MichiganOpenCarry

More were taken and will be posted as soon as we receive them.
    Master Control has some sort of "square halo" around his head in one of the pics...

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Master Control has some sort of "square halo" around his head in one of the pics...
    That's normal.

Its a Cavalry cover. Not a Halo.