• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SAF sues over ban on interstate handgun sales

MKEgal

Sweet!

The core issue in yesterday’s lawsuit filing regards SAF’s co-plaintiff, Michelle Lane, a resident of the District of Columbia. Three years ago, the Supreme Court affirmed in District of Columbia v. Dick Anthony Heller that the Second Amendment,
[there are words missing here in the article]
striking down the District’s handgun ban and making it legal for District residents to own handguns for personal protection in their own homes.

There is just one fly in that ointment. Currently, there are no licensed gun dealers in the District, and a Virginia statute makes it illegal for District residents to cross the Potomac River and do business.
Hope that dealer stays out of business for a while... Just to help the rest of us get rights back.
D'ya think maybe they coordinated with him... nah... maybe?

This thread might actually more rightly belong in the legal section.

Dreamer

Josh Sugarmann of the Violence Policy Center in DC is a Class 1 FFL holder--he could legally perform the transfer.

Perhaps Ms. Lane should contact HIM...