Thread: Charges dropped against Madison 5

Charges dropped against Madison 5

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/121330023.html

Prosecutors have dismissed disorderly conduct charges issued against five gun rights activists who openly wore guns at a Madison Culver's restaurant last fall.

"The only disturbance created on that Saturday evening was by a mass of uniformed Madison police officers and squads arriving to investigate law-abiding citizens having dinner," said Christopher Van Wagner, a defense attorney hired by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. to defend the men.

According to Nik Clark, president of the group, the Madison City Attorney's office on Thursday informed Wagner and Wisconsin Carry of its decision to dismiss the citations against all five men.

The same group has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit over the incident.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    still no mention of cheeseburgers.

I'm still waiting for your autograph!
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I'm still waiting for your autograph!

me too.
    Last edited by McX; 05-11-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i was thinking; something for the gain of WisconsinCarry; get all the Madison 5's to sign a WisconsinCarry T-Shirt, or shirts, and auction them off- proceeds to WisCarry ofcourse. hows you's feel on this?
    My starting bid is $19.99
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    Last edited by McX; 05-11-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Still think we need a publicity shoot with the MAD5 and WCI officers for WCI.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Sounds like a Capital idea.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Founder's Club Member
    This calls for a banana and a Primer (the monkey's official OCDO name).

Last edited by Citizen; 05-12-2011 at 02:00 AM.

well,,,

bumping for a reread..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    bumping for a reread..
    One year anniversary of the stop!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!