• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody here drive a Mercedes-Benz?

Dreamer

Not a MB owner, but I do have a particular interest in gun laws in MD, and this post caught my eye:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/3841472-post17.html

This member is from MD, and his pic shows that he has:

1) a suppressor, which requires registration with the state, and special permission from your local PD,
2) 2 "assault rifles" (under MD's definitions) which are nearly impossible to get cleared for purchase,
3) several 30rd mags, which are flat-out illegal to purchase in MD,
4) and what appers to be an M203 grenade launcher under one of the ARs, which is flat-out illegal in MD...

I'm assuming that since this guy owns a 2004 E55 AMG (which has an MSRP of $80,000+) he is LOADED, and well-connected, so I suppose that explains why he can own things that 99% of the citizens in Maryland can't even dream of owning. But I find it to be a bit off-putting, and bordering on being a braggart.

Such a display has nothing to do with "2A rights" and everything to do with this member saying "I'm rich and well-connected, and so I get a "pass" on all the cool stuff, while the VAST majority of the law-abiding citizens in this state get routinely hassled for trying to buy a Glock...

I'd bet this member on your MB forum has one of those ultra-rare "Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun" cards, due to his position of privilege...

Wonder how much money he donates to SAF and MSI?

Just sayin'...

cbpeck

That's interesting... I'm not a big fan of the showboating that goes on in that thread.

Also, on that forum when you change your profile description it is automatically changed for all posts, past and present. Theoretically, it is possible that at the time he posted that photo he lived in Idaho, and now lives in Maryland. The post would still come up with the photo, but it would say he lives in Maryland, even though at the time he posted the photo he lived elsewhere. Don't know that to be the case, just saying.

My wife & I bought a 2000 E320 4matic wagon this year, and I've been on the forums looking at diy repair info. It's a nice car, but it is 11 years old, so we're bound to run into a few hiccups over the next couple years. I ran across the "gun owner's club" and couldn't resist signing up.

Jack House

The post was made two years ago, I'd say it's a good possibility. That or maybe he owns a winter house in Arizona and keeps his guns there.