• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calendars Committee fails Open Carry

MR Redenck

HB2756 is not going to the House Floor. The bill has expired in Calendars Committee.
State Representative Todd Hunter failed to move on Open Carry for Texans.
As Chairman of Calendars Committee, Todd Hunter did not address HB2756.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
HB2756 is not going to the House Floor. The bill has expired in Calendars Committee.
State Representative Todd Hunter failed to move on Open Carry for Texans.
As Chairman of Calendars Committee, Todd Hunter did not address HB2756.

Link? Cite?

Cowboy_Rick

The "CALENDARS COMMITTEE's " Phone number is 512-463-0758, if you would like to use it!!!!!!!
The CHAIRMAN of the CALENDAR's COMMITTEE is "TODD HUNTER " and his phone number happens to be 512-463-0672 The HB2756 is still go until Midnight tomorrow Night. Todd Hunter's office is saying that the Bill is already Dead, by the way Todd Hunter is a REPUBLICAN, if you can imagine that!

Last edited:

Cowboy_Rick

Well I admit to being confused as there is nothing there to indicate the bill is dead.

Is it simply automatic after a certain time in committee?
Todd Hunter (512-463-0672), a REPUBLICAN and CHAIRMAN of the CALENDARS COMMITTEE says it is! Maybe you should call him?

rushcreek2

According to "Leslie" in the office of Chairman of the Calenders Committee - Representative Todd Hunter- HB 2756 - IS NOT DEAD IN THE WATER.

She is quite familiar with HB 2756 as a result of the incessant phone calls her office has been receiving supporting the bill from YOU !(despite the fact that
the TSRA & NRA are opposing it)

YES- I said the TSRA and the NRA are OPPOSING IT ! Exactly WHO do you suppose they are representing in Texas ??? Not ME ! Because the NRA no longer can count me in their "membership" tally.

She said the Calendars Committee is still working on a "solution" to get HB 2756 scheduled.

Don't throw the towel in yet. Representative lavender is working FOR EVERY TEXAS CITIZEN to get this constitutional bill moving forward. It ain't over yet.

Cowboy_Rick

According to "Leslie" in the office of Chairman of the Calenders Committee - Representative Todd Hunter- HB 2756 - IS NOT DEAD IN THE WATER.

She is quite familiar with HB 2756 as a result of the incessant phone calls her office has been receiving supporting the bill from YOU !(despite the fact that

YES- I said the TSRA and the NRA are OPPOSING IT ! Exactly WHO do you suppose they are representing in Texas ??? Not ME ! Because the NRA no longer can count me in their "membership" tally.

She said the Calendars Committee is still working on a "solution" to get HB 2756 scheduled. I have also e-mailed NRA for their rendition of this fact if it is TRUE and personally I respectfully regret the way you have stated the facts, this is how you are and I cannot, in no way, can change that.

Don't throw the towel in yet. Representative lavender is working FOR EVERY TEXAS CITIZEN to get this constitutional bill moving forward. It ain't over yet.
Well PARDON me-I happen to be a LIFE MEMBER of the NRA and expect to find out why they don't support this Bill- I have called them 3 times total and I don't believe that they were "Incessant" calls either, mainly Questionable, but not incessant.

Last edited:

cforlizzo

She said the Calendars Committee is still working on a "solution" to get HB 2756 scheduled.

The same thing happend to us in Florida. Our bill went further, but the end result is that we also got hosed by the NRA. Hammer supported a last minute ammendment that killed OC. What's up with the NRA!?!?!?!

FLSTN

I have been lurking here for well over a year now and keep hearing people state as fact that the NRA and TSRA are not supporting and are totally against this Bill moving forward. As a member of both organizations for many years I am wondering if there is any documentable proof of these claims. I will be the first to pick up the phone and call these organizations if that is the case but will not do it if it is just somebodys rant looking to place blame someplace. Lets get the facts out there and then take action...

77zach

I have been lurking here for well over a year now and keep hearing people state as fact that the NRA and TSRA are not supporting and are totally against this Bill moving forward. As a member of both organizations for many years I am wondering if there is any documentable proof of these claims. I will be the first to pick up the phone and call these organizations if that is the case but will not do it if it is just somebodys rant looking to place blame someplace. Lets get the facts out there and then take action...

I've never seen evidence that they are anti-open carry, they just don't care about it. Here in Florida, NRA said OC has no support from anybody and that the only good thing about OC in Fl would be that it would protect against accidental exposure of weapons.

Also, if OC ever enjoyed wide popularity, "gun control" agendas would never see the light of day and the NRA would be forced to downsize.

Jack House

Well PARDON me-I happen to be a LIFE MEMBER of the NRA and expect to find out why they don't support this Bill- I have called them 3 times total and I don't believe that they were "Incesstant" calls either, mainly Questionable but not incesstant.
Do you not understand the definition of incessant?

in·ces·sant

[in-ses-uh
thinsp.png
nt]
–adjective continuing without interruption; ceaseless; unending: an incessant noise.

Last edited:

77zach

NRA wants an accidental exposure bill, and they want to take credit for it.

detroit_fan

The NRA just called me today to renew my membership. Can anyone post a link to any PROOF that the NRA is opposing this? I want to discuss it with them when they call back tomorrow.

rushcreek2

My father was a life-long NRA member. I have been a NRA member nearly all of my adult life. I appreciated the NRA involvement in the Heller and McDonald decisions - at first. Then, I started wondering WHY ....it took the NRA so long to deal with the "incorporation" issue, and WHY was the approach in Heller & McDonald so narrowly defined.

Right now on www.nraila.org you can click on the U.S. map for Texas legislation and you will find a very brief reference to "Right to carry bill" in the Texas legislature. That one line blurp links to a Waco TV station report that only quotes the "Brady Bunch's" hired hand Representative Lon Burnam's opposition to HB 2756. Now I don't call that support for respecting the constitutional right to open carry for Texans.

It shouldn't take over 135 years to get rid of "Reconstruction" disarmament policy in Texas .

The 14th Amendment has been in effect for over 140 years. The Supreme Court held in McDonald v Chicago that the 2nd Amendment therefore has been in effect in Texas for 140 years because it was incorporated under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment. So why is an 1871 Reconstruction act supported only by the Reconstruction Constitution of 1869 STILL in the Texas Penal Code? Why does every citizen in Texas need a CHL in order to carry a handgun in lawful defense when the Texas Constitution HAS DECLARED SINCE 1876 that to do so is their RESERVED RIGHT ?

The Texas Constitution of 1876 NEVER set aside handguns from the right to bear arms. The common (mistaken) assumption that the power to regulate the wearing of arms somehow pertains to handguns is unsupportable. The power of the Legislature to "regulate the wearing of arms" pertains as much to the CONCEALMENT of a .30/.30 under your clothing as a handgun, or Bowie Knife. Perhaps a little harder to accomplish - but the citizens of Texas would never tolerate total prohibition of all firearms. The handgun ban is a good example of incrementalism at work.

Even though the NRA is not quite ready to be comfortable with "open carry" for every citizen - the framers of the U.S. Constitution were not only comfortable with it - but INSISTED UPON IT ! What does that tell you about the NRA and there "support" for the Second Amendment ?

Last edited:

Cowboy_Rick

Do you not understand the definition of incessant?

in·ces·sant

[in-ses-uh
thinsp.png
nt]
–adjective continuing without interruption; ceaseless; unending: an incessant noise.
Oh yes and I do wonder how Rushreek 2 even know that I called to begin with also this is not what happened either but that is past now.

Cowboy_Rick

The only Documented proof that I am aware of is rushcreek2's rants, but I've only been a Life Member since 1988.

Cowboy_Rick

The NRA just called me today to renew my membership. Can anyone post a link to any PROOF that the NRA is opposing this? I want to discuss it with them when they call back tomorrow.
All I would do is to inform them of this "RUMOR" and hear what their response happens to be.