• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fitzgerald Brothers Fire Mission!

HandyHamlet

Excerpt from WCI email today:

" Word out of Madison yesterday was that neither Fitzgerald brother (One is speaker of the house, one speaker of the assembly) was going to allow the constitutional carry legislation to a vote."

He said I am (only) the second caller on this. He offered up info on tomorrow's hearings. I ensured him we will be there. He said that was good. That's what they need to see. He didn't comment on the rumor one way or the other.

Jeff's minions are in the office right now as well. They don't know his position any type of carry.

Last edited:

Peacekeeper

I was in Madison today and stopped by Jeff Fitzgeralds office. His receptionist was the only one there. I asked why he won't let the constitutional carry bill to be heard. She said that she didn't know anything...

Off to Madison hearings tomorrow!

Zeus

Good on you guys for making it to Madison. I will not be able to attend Madison and probably not Wausau either but you can bet I WILL be calling both gentlemen tonight as well as Sen. Ellis and Rep. Litjens. We are marching in the right direction folks. Keep up the good fight!

HandyHamlet

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=senate&district=13

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=assembly&district=39

I just spoke with Paula in Senator Wirch's office. She confirmed that the senator will be supporting CC not Constitutional Carry. He has voted yes to both previous bills which explains the NRA a rating I guess.

She also said it was unusual to introduce two bills at once since the Replicants own Mad town right now and they could in theory cram whatever they want through.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I called both Fitzgeralds and asked that SB93 be debated and voted on in the Senate and that either it or an equivalent be brought up and voted on in the House.

They both said they would make a note of it.

Zeus

Got Litjens answering machine but got Sen. Eliss' secretary and the secretarys of both brothers Fitz. said I supported SB93 and they will pass it along. We'll see.

oak1971

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=senate&district=13

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=assembly&district=39

I just spoke with Paula in Senator Wirch's office. She confirmed that the senator will be supporting CC not Constitutional Carry. He has voted yes to both previous bills which explains the NRA a rating I guess.

She also said it was unusual to introduce two bills at once since the Replicants own Mad town right now and they could in theory cram whatever they want through.

On that we agree.....:banghead:

deadlifter

I called Scott Fitzgeralds office and spoke with the secretary. She said Fitzgerals supports CC, but is waiting to hear from committees about constitutional carry? She said there was 'misinformation out there' that he does not support it.

oak1971

I called Scott Fitzgeralds office and spoke with the secretary. She said Fitzgerals supports CC, but is waiting to hear from committees about constitutional carry? She said there was 'misinformation out there' that he does not support it.

He can clear that up by publicly endorsing Constitutional Carry.

baldp8

Got home too late to talk to anyone but called and left messages on both Fitzgerald's voice mail asking them both to please support Constitutional Carry in WI.

Also sent letters and emails to Senator Risser and Rep Berceau earlier in the week with no repsonse...although that is not surprising.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Messages left last night for my senator, representative, and Representative Mursau. Messages left tonight for both Fitzgerald's.

phred

Minutes after I got the "Constitutional Carry/Concealed Carry updates" message I called both of the Fitzgeralds and Petrowski. In all three cases I got a real person and told them that I wanted the Senator or Assemblyman to support Constitutional Carry. Things were polite on both sides. However, with Petrowski, the aide brought up "did you hear of the new assembly bill?" to which I responded "you mean the one with the 2 hr training session?" He said "yes". I responded that I heard a little about it and I wasn't satisfied with the bill, but I still wanted Petrowski to support SB93 in an Assembly version. He accepted that. I also followed up each phone call with an email referencing the phone calls. This permit/training thing has the legislature thing tied up in knots.

I did not contact Sen. Galloway. I will see her tomorrow.

protias

Both my Assemblyman and Senator supports Constitutional Carry as well as a permit. I have voiced my opinions to them and they do listen. I left a message for Jeff. I was able to talk with one of Scott's aids. I had told him that the Senator should not go back on him promise of Constitutional Carry. He asked me if he actually said that. I clarified on not he, but the GOP. I gave both Fitzgeralds reasons why Constitutional Carry is better for WI over a permit system. I really hope they listen to us voters.

hardballer

Sent this:

Scott Walker;
Why are stonewalling on Constitutional Carry? You are just as aware as I that the Constitution of the United States of America specifically guards against the infringement of our right to bear arms. No requirement for permits, fees, or training exist! Ponder this: The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." This needs no explanation.

Mr. Walker, I don't know what your agenda is in this matter but it clearly is not the will of the people. Man up and do the right thing! Support Constitutional Carry now! Remember, you were elected by "We The People" to serve us, not to serve your party, it's cronies or any special interest. It is clear as a bell that Constitutional Carry is the Will of the People. Why is this not clear to you.

In the many states where Constitutional Carry is in effect, there have been no problems whatsoever so that excuse is a lame non-issue. Vermont being the most common example with the lowest or among the lowest crime rates every year.

One thing is for sure and for certain, your record on this issue will be will not be forgotten come election time. I think you may have underestimated the Power of the People.

Will call tomorrow.