• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State of Virginia named defendant in latest Gura lawsuit on DC Gun Ban

Thundar

This lawsuit is brilliant.

Eric Holder will have to defend a law whose authority comes from the interstate commerce clause (regulation of interstate commerce) but which actually prohibits interstate commerce and requires intrastate commerce.

Now that the 2nd A applies to the states via the 14th, state laws which prohibit free trade will have a hard time surviving in Federal Courts.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I like their angle.

Instead of attacking the ban on Gun Shops, they attack the Interstate Commerce Scam. The NICS invention being turned against them, requiring Interstate Commerce while prohibiting the same...

Indeed, I like this. Brilliant way to land on it.

Last edited:

Thundar

I like their angle.

Instead of attacking the ban on Gun Shops, they attack the Interstate Commerce Scam. The NICS invention being turned against them, requiring Interstate Commerce while prohibiting the same...

Indeed, I like this. Brilliant way to land on it.

I am glad you see it that way as well.

The other thing I like about it is there will be great infighting amongst the gun grabbers. California has a scheme where out of state dealers can ship into CA but need CA permission first. DC would be very opposed to this. Could you imagine a CA brief that supports Gura?

Thundar

14th A does not applyto DC, only to states, but GCA 1968 says DC is a state, so will 14th A due process apply to DC with respect to GCA?

DC can't have it both ways (treat like a state with due process for gun rights in DC, or out - no GCA for DC)

Lots of big land mines for DC.

Imagine due process claims in the 2nd Circuit, where there are no 14th A precidents. What a magnificent playground for Gura!

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It's brilliant. I had to say it again. the Lefties have made-up all kinds of red-tape regulations without bothering to think it through. How is this new? It's not. But what is new is seeing them get tangled in their own web of horseshit. They're usually untouchable no matter what evil they do.

Of course, it hasn't been ruled on yet....

Thundar

Preliminary Injunction Hearing on Friday 15 July

Going in front of the Fedeal District Judge on Friday in Alexandria for the preliminary injunction. Right now it appears the Dist of Columbia and Holder have missed the 8 July deadline to file their objection to the preliminary injunction.

Anybody going to the court on Friday?

Link here:http://ia700608.us.archive.org/34/i...d.265997/gov.uscourts.vaed.265997.docket.html