• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

52 year old Woman kills home intruder

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why would you need a gun in the shower?

Classic combination of quotes:
Ritter said the victim would not be charged in the incident. "She responded to the deadly threat with deadly force," he said.

Those that would disarm us would sacrifice her on the unholy alter of safety.

It could have been used against her - how much training did she have - did her doctor know she had it - was it registered and licensed - she could have just given him what he wanted - he was a victim of his background - STOP!

She was responsible and acted intelligently. End of story except that she will have to deal with the memories.

The Wolfhound

Sexual Assault stopped with gunfire

Gee, I wonder if the Perpetrator had a record? It does seem that there was a mug shot taken at sometime prior to the incident. There is no way he was posing after taking a few rounds. A .22LR is not much, but it seems to have been enough. First rule of gunfighting: Bring a gun. +1 for D S F (Done Society a Favor).

10x

Beautiful, another dirtbag gone.....Give that lady a Seeegar!

jag06

Gee, I wonder if the Perpetrator had a record? It does seem that there was a mug shot taken at sometime prior to the incident. There is no way he was posing after taking a few rounds. A .22LR is not much, but it seems to have been enough. First rule of gunfighting: Bring a gun. +1 for D S F (Done Society a Favor).

Its not the size of the bullets that counts, its the shot placement of the bullets that counts. She made her shot placement count.

+2 for D S F

OldCurlyWolf

Classic combination of quotes:
Ritter said the victim would not be charged in the incident. "She responded to the deadly threat with deadly force," he said.

Those that would disarm us would sacrifice her on the unholy alter of safety.

It could have been used against her - how much training did she have - did her doctor know she had it - was it registered and licensed - she could have just given him what he wanted - he was a victim of his background - STOP!

She was responsible and acted intelligently. End of story except that she will have to deal with the memories.

No matter how in the "right" you are in a situation like that, there is a cost. More for some, less for others, but the cost is there.

A friend of mine as a LEO had to use his weapon to take down a BG. It took him over a year before he felt he would not be a detriment back on the street. I talked to him about it some. I think it helped him. I hope so.

Last edited:
B

Benton21

I think 52 years old lady is strong enough that he killed intruder.
I appreciate those people who have ability of the self defense.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good for her! This is a classic example of why so many women (myself included) are arming themselves!

If you have never read any of Paxton Quigley's books - I highly recommend them.
Paxton was a anti, working for an anti organization and one day following an attack on a friend had an epiphany and never looked back.
http://www.paxtonquigley.com/

Also look at the site "The Cornered Cat" - very enlightening.
http://www.corneredcat.com/

While both are written from the female perspective, they make excellent reads for men too. I myself have read both of them several times each. It may give you some insight as to how to help your GF, spouse or other family member and friends see the light.

jag06

What? I thought the bullet was useless if it wasn't in a caliber that starts with 4! :lol:

Thats if you are planning on attending a gunfight. For a surprise like this one, anything works. ;) You know this guy has to be the laughing stock to the rest of his criminal friends, so what happened to Israel? Some old lady killed him with a .22. :lol: (no offence intended to members in their 50's, just picturing what the criminals might say :)) One can only hope that as more of these kinds of stories pop up, criminals are going to start thinking, if I go into that house I have a 50/50 shot coming out alive, now might be a good idea to turn my life around. It will most likely never happen but we can still hope for it right?

mousegurl

Thats if you are planning on attending a gunfight. For a surprise like this one, anything works. ;) You know this guy has to be the laughing stock to the rest of his criminal friends, so what happened to Israel? Some old lady killed him with a .22. :lol: (no offence intended to members in their 50's, just picturing what the criminals might say :)) One can only hope that as more of these kinds of stories pop up, criminals are going to start thinking, if I go into that house I have a 50/50 shot coming out alive, now might be a good idea to turn my life around. It will most likely never happen but we can still hope for it right?

Criminals start thinking?

Oh, you are hilarious! :lol:

I gotta tell Sally that one...

Pyro01

Not sure if criminals think or not, but the 50/50 shot of coming out alive is a really good thought, I like it.

jag06

Criminals start thinking?

Oh, you are hilarious! :lol:

I gotta tell Sally that one...

They have interviewed prisoners and they say they try not to rob a place they know the people inside might be armed. They do think, it might be hard to register 99.9999% of the time, but they do just a little.

Fisherman

You guys talk like 52 is old. Come on! Just kinda gettin' our second wind! Or maybe waiting for it. LOL