• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry with Sen. Pam Galloway & Rep. Jeffrey Mursau

Captain Nemo

I sure hope somebody brings copies of the Journal Sentinenel poll and makes sure they read or hear the results. If that poll doesn't reflect public opinion on the matter nothing does.

Captain Nemo

I sent this email to Galloway and Mursau. I don't know if it will have any effect. I think their minds are already made up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Galloway and Representative Mursau

Today each of you is conducting public opinion hearings on firearm bills. One of which endorses constitutional carry and one that endorses permitted carry. The hearings are being conducted in order to get a public sentiment on which bill the citizens of Wisconsin prefer. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has an ongoing poll on just that question. The poll asks three questions. 1 Do you prefer constitutional style carry 2. Do you prefer permitted carry 3. Do you oppose concealed carry altogether. The results as of 7:55AM on this day, out of 11,919 responses, is 62% support constitutional carry, 23% support permitted carry, 15% oppose concealed carry. The support for constitutional carry outweighs permitted carry by nearly a 3 to 1 ratio. That is an extraordinary ratio. A ratio that without question indicates overwhelming public support for constitutional carry of concealed weapons. A ratio that as a public servant sworn to uphold the constitution of Wisconsin, and be a representative of it’s citizens, you can not ignore. What is also most significant of the MJS poll is that it reaches only to the MJS distribution area, which is primarily the Milwaukee and Madison region. I’m sure that if that same poll was conducted throughout the State the results would be even more compelling. I urge you to not ignore the will of the people and to pursue constitutional carry.

XXXXXXXX (Captain Nemo)