Thread: Open Carry questions

Open Carry questions

Hey whats up guys...

Newbie here from California. I have couple questions that i was wondering if somebody could help with ?

1. Can you open carry and conceal carry at the same time ? I know you have to have ccw

2. Can you open carry at restaurants where alcohol is being served ?

3. If you are driving by a school do you have to lock your gun and magazine in a locked container ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusCA View Post
    Hey whats up guys...

Newbie here from California. I have couple questions that i was wondering if somebody could help with ?

1. Can you open carry and conceal carry at the same time ? I know you have to have ccw

3. If you are driving by a school do you have to lock your gun and magazine in a locked container ?

Thanks

Pick one. While you cannot conceal carry without a license or exemption, a license to conceal does not preclude open carry by statute. However, the issuing agency may chastise you or revoke your license to conceal if you are found carrying openly. YMMV

There is no prohibition against open carry at restaurants where alcohol is served.

The firearm (not the magazine) would need to be locked in a secure case while transporting through a gun free school zone.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post

Pick one. While you cannot conceal carry without a license or exemption, a license to conceal does not preclude open carry by statute. However, the issuing agency may chastise you or revoke your license to conceal if you are found carrying openly. YMMV

There is no prohibition against open carry at restaurants where alcohol is served.

The firearm (not the magazine) would need to be locked in a secure case while transporting through a gun free school zone.
    Thanks ConditionThree i appreciate your answers