• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conclave of the Discerning Minds

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Folks,

We need to get together, don't we? I live in Miami, but I just got the newest pair of ContiPros on my convertible that I've already battle-tested (today, 110-115mph, sustained), so I'm ready to travel and meet with some of the best and the brightest from this forum.

We need: Crashnjax, Ixtow, 77zach, StogieC, Phoenix, Rick H, and FzSBlackMagick, Phoenix, 10x, Firedog, j4l, mach1chris (you can carpool with me -- I won't battle-test the new tires on the way up). We also need whosoever you folks deem necessary, so let's agree on a time, a date, a place, and an RSVP list.

On the agenda we have to place:
1. Internet guerilla tactics (twitter, facebook, and all with links to this forum -- furthermore, getting young republicans or young libertarians in on the cause, and having them link and devote themselves to the forum);
2. Getting the anti's de-funded and de-graded by the NRA and other gun groups that count;
3. Choosing our candidates wisely and campaigning heavily against the neo's who are pretenders to a crown that fits wrong on their heads;
4. Deployment (each one of us lives in a different county and would "manage" that county's efforts, and those who live in the same county have the luck of tag-teaming);
5. Dissemination of information that makes sense -- to the voters themselves (is this too optimistic? You tell me);
6. Funding.

Point is: I'm willing to meet. I'm willing to drive six hours to meet you wherever you would like (I have clients at Lake CI and clients at Starke whom I can visit while I'm there; also, I have a loose schedule where I can push stuff around -- except the upcoming gun show).

If we're unable to manage this type of convocation, I propose that we do it over the internet. Facetime does the trick on your iPhone, Mac, iPod, or iPad; I believe AIM does the trick on everything else.

Face to face, of course, would be ideal, because then we can vent at the range and shoot the $#!+ about firearms, which is always a good time.

Let us know what your level of commitment would be. I've made mine clear.

77zach

My level of commitment is that I'll probably be going to a fishing event or two on the coast, most likely Daytona, which is 2 hours away from me. I'll also take what materials and talking points Fl carry says I should to my Senator's office however many times will have effect. 2011 is not an election year, but if OC fails again I'll help campaign against the incumbent in my district, Dean. And I'll go to Fl carry lobby day in Tally come January.

Last edited:

j4l

Crash and I both work odd schedules. Mon/Tues being good days, I think. For lunch-ish time gathering. Perhaps could work out meeting somewhere in St. Aug for lunch/gathering? Might knock an hour or two off your drive time, also. Is only about an hour south for crash and I.

Or failing that-been meaning to have Crash out to my place -possibly tuesday-can always do it here. Isnt public, but can certainly OC ,here ,at least lol.

j4l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql49eLRRJ_E

Ok, need a head-count of any folks who can possibly attend a meeting and possible announcement of a candidate, for Tues., (correction-17) May 2011. Specific time/location will be PM'd to attendees when determined.
Most likely location will be in Jacksonville or St. Augustine.

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
The 17th is tough to do. My dad has cancer and he's got an important doctor's appointment that I don't want to miss. I was already making my plans for the 24th, as previously posted.

Also, recall that the 30th is Memorial Day, and it's a day that most folks already have off. Let me know how malleable your date is, because I would certainly like to be there a day before (meet at the Columbia restaurant in Saint Augustine, brainstorm over sangria, and stay the night in Jacksonville [or wherever you'd like to set your announcement] to rest for a busy next-day).

j4l

Ah, the Columbia-excellent choice.
I'm flex days-wise, gotta check with him. Otherwise 24th works, far as I know
And on second-check, 24th works better for a lot of reasons. np.

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Killer. This is magnificent. I'll go back to planning for that period and see whether my wife can also take the days off from work. Of all the weapons I have, she's my finest and most sharply-tuned acquisition, and you'll be pleased to meet her.