Thread: Glock Trigger Job

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Glock Trigger Job

Let me start out by saying that there is nothing wrong with a stock Glock. They are fantastic firearms, I just can't leave stuff alone. I love projects and enjoy putting my own mojo on my guns. That said please refrain from the "It's fine as it is" posts. You and I know they are, so there's no need to post about it. Thanks!

Well, I finally got around to ordering a Ghost Tactical trigger kit Sunday night. It was delivered this afternoon,I have to say was pretty darn fast. I got the entire installation kit found here on their website.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_...s-GEN-1-4.html

For the record I have a Glock 17 Gen 4 With the following mods already.
    Tru-Glo Fiber/Night sights
    Surefire X300
    Glock OEM Extended Slide Release
    KKM Precision Barrel threaded by AWC Systech

Installation:

It took about 20 minutes to fit the trigger connector and install the springs. The only specialized tool needed other than what came with the kit was a bench grinder to fit the connector. A dremel could have been used as well but I didn't have one handy. It took a little patience because you have to remove a little bit of metal from the connector, install it, and try it. I think I had to do this about five times but now I can pretty much detail strip my Glock with no issues.

First Impressions:

The trigger is extremely smooth and pretty darn light. I'll use a trigger pull scale when I get to work tomorrow. There is a little squish after take-up but it's not bad. The reset is still very positive and very much resembles my 1911. All in all it seems worth the 36 bucks. I'll post a range report When I get home from work tomorrow.
    Last edited by GlockMeisterG21; 05-12-2011 at 02:46 AM.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

The only thing that bothers me about having triggers worked on is when it comes time to use your firearm defend your life, a prosecutor may attempt to use it against you claiming that "Your gun wasn't deadly enough as is, you had to make it more so." is it a stupid argument? yes. just throwing that out there. A lawyer I know who specializes in defending citizens who use firearms in self defense recomends everyone carry a pink gun, so when the prosecutor holds it up and says "ladies and gentlemen, the murder weapon," the jury sees something other than an instrument of death.

BTW, I can't wait for the parts to arrive so I can have my hammer, sear, thumb safety and trigger upgraded on my 1911.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    The only thing that bothers me about having triggers worked on is when it comes time to use your firearm defend your life, a prosecutor may attempt to use it against you claiming that "Your gun wasn't deadly enough as is, you had to make it more so." is it a stupid argument? yes. just throwing that out there. A lawyer I know who specializes in defending citizens who use firearms in self defense recomends everyone carry a pink gun, so when the prosecutor holds it up and says "ladies and gentlemen, the murder weapon," the jury sees something other than an instrument of death.

BTW, I can't wait for the parts to arrive so I can have my hammer, sear, thumb safety and trigger upgraded on my 1911.
    This is largely going to depend upon the county and state in which you live. And any lawyer who recommends what you said here is probably a lawyer who's services you might not want to consider using.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    A lawyer I know who specializes in defending citizens who use firearms in self defense recomends everyone carry a pink gun, so when the prosecutor holds it up and says "ladies and gentlemen, the murder weapon," the jury sees something other than an instrument of death.
    This is advertised on gunbroker perpetually: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=231198785
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.