• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock Trigger Job

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
Let me start out by saying that there is nothing wrong with a stock Glock. They are fantastic firearms, I just can't leave stuff alone. I love projects and enjoy putting my own mojo on my guns. That said please refrain from the "It's fine as it is" posts. You and I know they are, so there's no need to post about it. Thanks!

Well, I finally got around to ordering a Ghost Tactical trigger kit Sunday night. It was delivered this afternoon,I have to say was pretty darn fast. I got the entire installation kit found here on their website.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_TIK/TACTICAL-INSTALLATION-KIT-for-Glocks-GEN-1-4.html

For the record I have a Glock 17 Gen 4 With the following mods already.
Tru-Glo Fiber/Night sights
Surefire X300
Glock OEM Extended Slide Release
KKM Precision Barrel threaded by AWC Systech

Installation:

It took about 20 minutes to fit the trigger connector and install the springs. The only specialized tool needed other than what came with the kit was a bench grinder to fit the connector. A dremel could have been used as well but I didn't have one handy. It took a little patience because you have to remove a little bit of metal from the connector, install it, and try it. I think I had to do this about five times but now I can pretty much detail strip my Glock with no issues.

First Impressions:

The trigger is extremely smooth and pretty darn light. I'll use a trigger pull scale when I get to work tomorrow. There is a little squish after take-up but it's not bad. The reset is still very positive and very much resembles my 1911. All in all it seems worth the 36 bucks. I'll post a range report When I get home from work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

The only thing that bothers me about having triggers worked on is when it comes time to use your firearm defend your life, a prosecutor may attempt to use it against you claiming that "Your gun wasn't deadly enough as is, you had to make it more so." is it a stupid argument? yes. just throwing that out there. A lawyer I know who specializes in defending citizens who use firearms in self defense recomends everyone carry a pink gun, so when the prosecutor holds it up and says "ladies and gentlemen, the murder weapon," the jury sees something other than an instrument of death.

BTW, I can't wait for the parts to arrive so I can have my hammer, sear, thumb safety and trigger upgraded on my 1911.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The only thing that bothers me about having triggers worked on is when it comes time to use your firearm defend your life, a prosecutor may attempt to use it against you claiming that "Your gun wasn't deadly enough as is, you had to make it more so." is it a stupid argument? yes. just throwing that out there. A lawyer I know who specializes in defending citizens who use firearms in self defense recomends everyone carry a pink gun, so when the prosecutor holds it up and says "ladies and gentlemen, the murder weapon," the jury sees something other than an instrument of death.

BTW, I can't wait for the parts to arrive so I can have my hammer, sear, thumb safety and trigger upgraded on my 1911.

This is largely going to depend upon the county and state in which you live. And any lawyer who recommends what you said here is probably a lawyer who's services you might not want to consider using.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member