• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri KC area shoot.

ChiangShih

I would love to reinstate this idea for a shoot since the weather is so much nicer now. I also have added a few new toys onto my ar15 and would like to take it out for a spin. I think it would be great fun to meet up at a nice (preferably open conservation range) and do a day of pistols and long rifles.

Of course I want this thread to stay up awhile so we can give date and location some considerable thought, so everyone has the opportunity to make it out.

I looked into the lake city range (my neighbor is one of the range heads there) and he informed me if we were to rent it out as a group we would need some sort of insurance(?). I haven't heard this before, but he he stated that if we were to use the lake city range it would be better if we all showed up and payed fees individually.

The other range I had in mind is a bit farther out. It is 5 miles south of Concordia, MO off of I-70. This is a free uncontrolled conservation range with a 25yd, 50yd, and 100yd, earth mound layout. It is about 53 miles from Kansas City limits, but I think it would be worth the drive. Also, there are nice local eateries in Concordia for a lunch or dinner. This range is generally not very busy unless it is near a hunting season opening.

And again, Defensive long rifles at the 100 yard range would be awesome! I've seen most of the sidearms the KC regional OC group carries, I'd like a show and tell of our defensive long rifles.

In fact, if you have any pictures of your LR kit, post below!

ChiangShih

DSC01759.JPG

This is my new BOB, and Bushmaster dissipator m4.

I'll be bringing it if we can get this set up.

NG19

The range that you are referring to is called the Martha-Perry conservation range. The only problem is that there are only 3 tables, one at each range. If it rains at all then part of it floods. Other than that it is very nice and great for long guns and hand guns alike. I proposed a BBQ there where we could meet eat and shoot. No shotguns though. If a bunch of people want to go, then there is also a place a little further in Clinton that is unmanned and can be rented out. Has covered tables, and a shotgun area.

Thomas Masse

I'v been to the Hwy 23 range at Concordia many times. I wouldn't advise a BBQ because there are only three tables and no trash cans. I don't think it would be the best place for that. However, it would be a great place to shoot. We can share the tables and get some quality target time. Flooding isn't a problem unless it has been heavily raining. It's a great range and we can definitely have some fun there. The more people the better.

I vote YES.

Big Boy

lake city is a bad idea for a group event. They're very anal. The booths are very separate and only 2 allowed in them at once. It'd be almost like just going to the range by yourself. and 3-5 seconds between each shot. And apparently most of the RO's count slow as hell because it's more like 7-8

I vote for open conservation range.

kcgunfan

lake city is a bad idea for a group event. They're very anal. The booths are very separate and only 2 allowed in them at once. It'd be almost like just going to the range by yourself. and 3-5 seconds between each shot. And apparently most of the RO's count slow as hell because it's more like 7-8

I vote for open conservation range.

I'll go with Big Boy here. The MDC range is fine, if you don't want to move a lot of lead per hour and if you're alone or with one other. I'd look to go elsewhere.

afcarry

Agreed, I think the BBQ idea is feasible with organization. One person to bring a trash can, maybe a couple to bring grills, and everyone bring some burgers to eat and hot dogs and bunz, no big deal. Either way, If I can get off work for it, Ill be there.

Attachments

• Saiga 02.jpg
    Saiga 02.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

kcgunfan

Or, just make it a picnic thing and pack out what you brought. I'll bet that you bunch of carnivores can handle a cold turkey sandwich for one afternoon.

Big Boy

At this point I think someone probably just needs to pick an open range somewhere near KC, a date, time, and say BE HERE.

Jason Castillo

Kc area shoot

i would like to go to the Martha-Perry conservation range. i have never been there before. I vote for June 18th that is 3+ weeks away, so that gives time to call off work if you have work on Saturdays. and i'm sure some of you have trucks that can bring tables and i have a decent propane grill i can donate for the day. what do you guys think?

kcgunfan

i would like to go to the Martha-Perry conservation range. i have never been there before. I vote for June 18th that is 3+ weeks away, so that gives time to call off work if you have work on Saturdays. and i'm sure some of you have trucks that can bring tables and i have a decent propane grill i can donate for the day. what do you guys think?

I think that's the same range that Chiang likes. So, that's 2 votes, which is the most that any locations have gotten. Flooding appears to be a concern, especially with the weather recently. Not sure how to get around that easily. We'd need to have someone scout it out before, and have a backup plan.

Maybe 2 events, one a BBQ in town, and the other a shoot out of town. Then again, my idea of having cold lunches sounded about as popular as a cold lunch.

Big Boy

I'm good with whatever range. If we could wait till july though that'd be awesome :)

Inventory at my store the last two weeks of june and I'm not allowed to be off.

afcarry

I again vote Perry range. 9 July is good for planning, I think. I have more foundation against lake city range than before. The place is ridiculously regulated. No shot bigger than 7 1/2 from shotguns, no more than 1 round fired per 3 seconds, chain off your shooting bay (literally) when a cease fire is called, If you have a double rifle case, you cant even take both rifles out at the same time (spin the case so both are pointed downrange), NO CCW OR OC ALLOWED ON PREMISES. This is the Maplewood of ranges. Ridiculous.