• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greetings and introductions.

Schlepnier

Hey all, been lurking around trhe forums and the fantastic site for about a year now since i first ran into an open carry member at my local best buy last summer.

Native washingtonian here raised the right way. my father is prior service US army and US navy and got me into firearms(read properly trained and educated in fireams use and safety) when i was about 8 years old(.22 long rifle of course). been a firearms enthusiast ever since. In fact i pretty much carry my pistol on me every single day where and when i can.

Living in WA state i rarely open-carry simple because of the weather, however when it gets warmer out i can loose my jacket, although i do have a CPL for all those other times. :lol:

I am also a big fan of
http://www.guncite.com/
as a resource for 2nd ammendment advocates

Cheers

PDW-taurus millenium pro series .45 cal .acp

1245A Defender

well..,,

so ,,, ill say HI!!
but i gotta ask what is a schlipnier??
most of us has picked a monicer the tells alittle about us...
im the 1/4 to one am defender, or is it the amendments to the constitution?
so ive never heard of someone lurking for a whole YEAR!
i couldnt lurk for a month before i did my first opencarry at safeway..

what do you want to know,,, learn,,,???

lots of real good guys here, lots of law knowledge,,, of EVERYTHING!

why didnt you come to the 2A rally in Olympia april 30th???

DCKilla

Welcome :banana:

I googled Sleipnier and was corrected to Sleipnir. Sleipnir is an eight legged horse ridden by Odin.

Last edited:

fire suppressor

Welcome to the forum! When a friend of mine introduced me about three years ago I only lasted a couple of weeks before I joined up. We got a pretty good group of guys and girls here we might bicker once and a while but hey that comes with the territory. At the end of the day you'll find we are all here to help each other out, have you opened carried anywhere yet?!

Schlepnier

but i gotta ask what is a schlipnier??
Schlepnier is the phonetic english translation of the original norse "slepnir"

My ancestory on my mothers side is scandanavian, i also play "clan hells horse" in the game classic battletech.

why didnt you come to the 2A rally in Olympia april 30th???
I do volunteer work on saturdays which pretty well takes up the entire day.

have you opened carried anywhere yet?!
All over the place last summer, hence how i found out about this place. one of the members saw me carrying and was amazed i had no clue about the organization.
got kicked out of the capitol mall best buy and the costco in lacey but otherwise had no problems.
The weather is really the big factor for me as to going open-carry or conceal carry.

I also get to open carry after 9pm at the place i volunteer at (at the owners request i keep it concealed until then). as well as occasionally around the housing development where i live when i go out for my daily 2 1/4 mile walk after work(again weather dependant).

Batousaii

Welcome!

Battletech eh? - Cool. Played Mechwarrior 2 (windows 95) for years online, used to play the board game before that. Back when Mplayer was a gaming site, sorta pre-MMO days. "Freebrth" has been a gamer name for me longer than "Batousaii", changed to Bat when Samurai-X came to America, i was an instant fan.
- I OC in good weather too, it is my proffered method, but Washington weather can be a bear and i try to keep my steel safe. I tend CC on rainy days or if situation dictates, but more in an effort to protect the arm from rust than anything. Backup is almost always CC. Usual arms i tote: Either a 1911 or Vaquero. I work tons, but try to catch a meet when i can, hope to see ya there :)

Bat.

1911er

welcome to the forum the more the merrier. You will find some pretty good people here with lots of knowledge. And we are always getting together for coffee or breakfast somewhere. You are more than welcome to join us anytime. Again welcome aboard.

Schlepnier

Batousai
I am a classic battletech guy, i do love the video games but i prefer miniatures and dice.
these are some of my horsemen in action, lota galaxy-the 9th ring of hell
Bc41011.jpg

Be41011.jpg

If you want to see my battle blog it can be found here-
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267230

a hole lotta missspelled words
I should fit in fine then, as my brain and fingers are usually at war with one another. :p

As far as what i carry, it is still just my taurus, it's a little akward to carry my AR "pistol" with a 30rd mag :lol: but it is fun to shoot.

My next purchase is going to be a saiga since i cannot have an AA-12 in this state(open bolt select fire only :banghead: ), but them i am saving up for a kriss super V pistol.

Last edited: