• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ads on this website

rcav8r

While going through the messages here today, There was an ad on the bottom of one page that asked to sign a petition AGAINST concealed carry. Now I'm always seeing those stupid text ads at the top of the page pushing some lame-ass self defense class over carrying, but this is over the top.

What gives?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I agree & have made a statement about this in the past. Seems the owner of this site would rather make a little extra money for that lame & sometimes anti gun advertising than stay true to the cause at hand. Everyone has their price I guess we know some people can be bought for cheep. It was the owners choice to use Google to host this forum

Last edited:

baldp8

I think they come from google ads. I saw a WAVE add on another of my favorite pistol forums last night and contacted one of the mods. They removed it but it was back this morning...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree & have made a statement about this in the past. Seems the owner of this site would rather make a little extra money for that lame & sometimes anti gun advertising than stay true to the cause at hand. Everyone has their price I guess we know some people can be bought for cheep. It was the owners choice to use Google to host this forum

Insulting your host demonstrates what other than bad manners? Seems to me that being objective might be the better course rather than instituting a personal attack. John has never stifled criticism of his decisions, but you go unnecessarily beyond that.

IMO it is pure poetry to have the antis contribute money to this site. I laugh out loud every time I see such. I fully support John's decision and the resultant openness to allow all readers to choose for themselves - that is freedom in its purest sense.

BROKENSPROKET

Insulting your host demonstrates what other than bad manners? Seems to me that being objective might be the better course rather than instituting a personal attack. John has never stifled criticism of his decisions, but you go unnecessarily beyond that.

IMO it is pure poetry to have the antis contribute money to this site. I laugh out loud every time I see such. I fully support John's decision and the resultant openness to allow all readers to choose for themselves - that is freedom in its purest sense.

I used to share the sentiments of Glock 34, until I realized what, as you say, "pure poetry" it is for anti-freedom adds literally waste thier advertising dollars here.

VW_Factor

AdBlock for the win.

And what makes you think Google hosts this forum? This forum runs vBulletin software I am sure on is not a Google server at all.

Just because some of the ads come from a service called AdSense (which is a Google product).

BROKENSPROKET

If you see WAVE adds when you visit this site, its probably due to the fact that you visit WAVE's website. I know that the adds that I see on many forums reflect my internet traffic. For example, I was using Google Shopping to research PTO winches, now I see adds on many forums from a dealer/supplier website that I visited.

If they are Google adds, they should reflect your internet history in part. That has nothing to do with ADMIN.

Last edited:

baldp8

If you see WAVE adds when you visit this site, its probably due to the fact that you visit WAVE's website. I know that the adds that I see on many forums reflect my internet traffic. For example, I was using Google Shopping to research PTO winches, now I see adds on many forums from a dealer/supplier website that I visited.

If they are Google adds, they should reflect your internet history in part. That has nothing to do with ADMIN.

That's what I figured too. I agree now that I've had the chance to think about it, let them spend their money here. I am betting not too many of us get converted :lol: