• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Urgent! Can you represent me at today's Madison CC hearing?

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I find I'm unable to attend today's meeting, but I have my statement all composed and ready to print. If somebody would help our cause by printing seven copies of my statement and submitting it for me I would be very grateful. You wouldn't have to speak, but simply put it in the pile with the others. Please PM me and I will send you the document.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
A lot of great speakers on the side of right to carry!

Thanks to the link to wiseye.com I was able to listen to part of the Madison hearing. I heard a lot of great speakers on the side of right to carry! I was very surprised to hear the NRA reps call for a no training bill. The rep from Virginia was especially well spoken and very persuasive.

I'm sorry I couldn't be there today to deliver this message and nobody volunteered to deliver it for me:
Thursday, May 12, 2011​

Honorable Hearing Members,

Just seven short days ago, I marked the third anniversary of the passing of a co-worker and great friend, Davey Evans. Davey, who immigrated from England over thirty years ago as a professional racing mechanic, was an intelligent, humorous, kind, good-natured, gentle man.

Evans, 63 years old, was killed by an assailant who ruthlessly attacked him, beat him to the ground, and then continued the attack with steel-toed boots before escaping into the night. Davey died that night at the hospital. His attacker was younger, bigger, stronger, and had no qualms about picking out and attacking someone who couldn’t defend themselves against his greater physical advantages. The law of the jungle triumphant over the law of society.

If Davey had been able to defend himself against this disparity in force he might be alive today. We desperately need to be able to level the playing field to prevent or defend against attacks of this nature.

It’s a sad fact that in today’s world anybody can suffer this kind of attack at any time and in any place. Women, the elderly, our disabled citizens and anybody small of stature or outnumbered have no way to respond to such a situation. In Wisconsin from 1998, when Article 1 Section 25 of our state constitution, The Right to Keep and Bear Arms, was ratified by 79% of the voters, until the end of 2009 there were 162,471 violent crimes reported to the FBI. That statistic speaks for itself; there IS the potential for dangerous and violent encounters in Wisconsin.

We need to pass Concealed Carry legislation in Wisconsin NOW, to help stem the tide of these acts of violence. Any number of reputable studies have shown that the passage of such a law in other states has always been accompanied by a reduction in violent crime, particularly rape and aggravated assault. The next victim could be you or I or one of our loved ones; let’s not allow that to happen.

I am not in favor of mandatory classes, training, or permits to exercise my God-given RIGHT to self-defense; but if we must have a background check and an ID for reciprocity, let’s simply develop a sticker for our driver’s license, much like the organ donor notification. This would save millions in taxpayer dollars and would not involve expanding our bureaucracy.

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in our great government.

M

McX

lead in for the news tonight on TV, a Milwaukee channel, spoke of Constitutional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap, and in my lifetime!

Last edited: