Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Rugers new 1911 . finally a high quality affordable 45 ACP - 1911 on the Market.

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Rugers new 1911 . finally a high quality affordable 45 ACP - 1911 on the Market.

    PRETTY - SRP is $ 799.00 if you know an FFL i bet you can get it for less than $ 700.00

    http://ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Fletcher Arms in Waukesha has a Ruger Day on May 16 from 4-8. I'm looking forward to shooting it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Fletcher Arms in Waukesha has a Ruger Day on May 16 from 4-8. I'm looking forward to shooting it.
    let me know .. i am interested
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  4. #4
    Regular Member Trip20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wausau Area
    Posts
    527
    Is it high quality? I read people complaining that it's all pot metal blah blah blah.

    I personally like Ruger so I'm hoping it's a good piece. I need my first 1911!

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Is it high quality? I read people complaining that it's all pot metal blah blah blah.

    I personally like Ruger so I'm hoping it's a good piece. I need my first 1911!
    I am sure it is made of the same high quality metal they use in all their firearms , I owned a P90 & a P95 they were both well made handguns . If I buy one of these I will have it dura coated as I am not a big fan of high visibility stainless guns.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-12-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  6. #6
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I am sure it is made of the same high quality metal they use in all their firearms , I owned a P90 & a P95 they were both well made handguns . If I buy one of these I will have it dura coated as I am not a big fan of high visibility stainless guns.
    If it's like the P89 I've got, it's more a satin finish and, surprisingly, not all that highly visible. From what I am seeing in the picture, a good holster will cover most of the more visible parts.

    Btw, I would not trade my P89 for anything. I've had it since 1992 and it has yet to malfunction in any way. If this 1911 is as good, it will be one fine pistol.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    Ruger uses-or used (not sure if still the same process) investment casting-as did Taurus.
    Dont hear too many complaints of broken RUGERS do you? (but a ton of un-documented Taurus breaks..go figure.)

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Finally? Taurus PT1911(AR) was here first. Quitcherbitchinbouttaurus. :-p

    Besides, Ruger supports and promotes gun control. Sold my P89.
    Last edited by ixtow; 05-12-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    The Para Ordnance GI Expert in stainless can often be had for well under $600, and is all-steel, and it's been out for nearly 3 years...

    Just sayin'...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  10. #10
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The Para Ordnance GI Expert in stainless can often be had for well under $600, and is all-steel, and it's been out for nearly 3 years...

    Just sayin'...
    A company called ATI imports 1911's made by Shooters Arms Manufacturing which according to Small Arms review and several friends are of comparable quality to Kimbers, but cost under 600 dollars for the MSRP, and a hell of a lot less if you have a good FFL hook up.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Is it high quality? I read people complaining that it's all pot metal blah blah blah.

    I personally like Ruger so I'm hoping it's a good piece. I need my first 1911!
    A truly high quality 1911 which will last a lifetime of shooting, say 250 rounds per week for 50 years, this requires a very well made slide and frame with most, if not all the components machined from solid steel. This quality is the sort of thing you can get from a gun manufacturer such as Ed Brown. 2 grand is on the low end.

    For most of us who have neither the time or money to shoot this much, and also may lack the 2 grand to dump on a handgun, almost ANY of the entry level 1911's will work well for carry and target practice, particularly after reliability work by a smith. Plus do keep in mind that if a cheaper part ever fails, you can either send it back to the factory, or replace it yourself with a better one. It's not an issue to worry about.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234

    Sweet -- ATI ! - i prefer nVidia though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    A company called ATI imports 1911's....<snip>...
    I want the ATI Rage superclocked edition 1911. Maybe run them in crossfire since two is always better than one.
    - You think nVidia will come out with a 1911? I bet a watercooled superclocked pair of 1911s in SLI configuration would be uber leet!

    - LoL - my bad, just a little leet nerd joking for those that get it.

    Bat
    Last edited by Batousaii; 05-12-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    A company called ATI imports 1911's made by Shooters Arms Manufacturing which according to Small Arms review and several friends are of comparable quality to Kimbers, but cost under 600 dollars for the MSRP, and a hell of a lot less if you have a good FFL hook up.
    If their 1911's are anything like their .308/Nato 7.62 ammo, I wouldn't touch them. I've wasted more money on ATI ammo for my CETME than I care to admit--the stuff has a "dud rate" of about 10%...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 05-15-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    It shot pretty well. It definitely has less recoil than my XD45. I've not shot very many 1911s, so I cannot compare it to them. The price was going for ~700, so for my first 1911, I'll probably look for something else.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  15. #15
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    If their 1911's are anything like their .308/Nato 7.62 ammo, I wouldn't touch them. I've wasted more money on ATI ammo for my CETME than I care to admit--the stuff has a "dud rate" of about 10%...
    My understanding is that ATI is, as its name implies, an importing company, which buys and imports, not manufactures, the SAM guns. If everything I have heard from multiple sources is true, including a very trusted friend with famil connections to the company, the SAM guns are extremely good. Any other details about the company, other than SAM guns, are outside of my scope of knowledge and experience.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  16. #16
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    From my research before I bought my Rock Island Armory 1911:

    ATI, RIA, Citidal, High Standard, possibly more, import 1911s from the Philippines, which are manufactured by Armscor.

    My RIA Compact 1911 rocked, especially for the price, and the features.

    This new Ruger 1911 looks great and has a good price. I wouldn't mind owning one.
    Last edited by carsontech; 05-18-2011 at 12:23 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Ruger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    548
    [DROOL&hellip;]

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Carry on!

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    I want the ATI Rage superclocked edition 1911. Maybe run them in crossfire since two is always better than one.
    - You think nVidia will come out with a 1911? I bet a watercooled superclocked pair of 1911s in SLI configuration would be uber leet!

    - LoL - my bad, just a little leet nerd joking for those that get it.

    Bat
    lol epic! might be a while on the 1900 series tho..whats out right now 600 series? 700 series? just one question...where are you going to mount the water tank? in holster or out?
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

  19. #19
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    A truly high quality 1911 which will last a lifetime of shooting, say 250 rounds per week for 50 years, this requires a very well made slide and frame with most, if not all the components machined from solid steel. This quality is the sort of thing you can get from a gun manufacturer such as Ed Brown. 2 grand is on the low end.

    For most of us who have neither the time or money to shoot this much, and also may lack the 2 grand to dump on a handgun, almost ANY of the entry level 1911's will work well for carry and target practice, particularly after reliability work by a smith. Plus do keep in mind that if a cheaper part ever fails, you can either send it back to the factory, or replace it yourself with a better one. It's not an issue to worry about.

    250*7*52*50 = 4550000. If you had a 1911 that would last 4,550,000 rounds (250*7*52*50)... at thirty cents a round, that would be about $1,365,000 worth of ammunition. With that much money you could buy 1,950 $700 1911s, or 682 $2000 1911s.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 05-21-2011 at 02:07 PM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    "250*7*"
    250 per week.not 250 per day.

  21. #21
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713
    Oops! Well 250*52*50 is still 650,000 rounds!

    At thirty cents a round, that is still $195,000, which will still buy many 1911s!
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 05-22-2011 at 02:17 PM.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    Indeed lol.
    And , the more the merrier, I say.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •