Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Will The Arizona Legislature Override Brewers' Senate Bill 1201 Veto?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605

    Will The Arizona Legislature Override Brewers' Senate Bill 1201 Veto?

    To The Arizona Citizens Defense League, and others:

    Is there a Possibility that The Arizona Legislature Override Brewers' Senate Bill 1201 Veto?

    aadvark

  2. #2
    Regular Member azcdlfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    To The Arizona Citizens Defense League, and others:
    Is there a Possibility that The Arizona Legislature Override Brewers' Senate Bill 1201 Veto?
    Not a snowball's chance in Hell.

    They ended the session on April 20th and then the legislators all went home. The Governor vetoed the bill about week later. It was sent back to the staffers who remain at the leiglslature year round to file away in some dusty file cabinet.

    However, that doesn't mean it's all over. Then next session starts in January. We (AzCDL) expect to have a clone of SB 1201 introduced.

    Fred

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605
    azcdlFred:

    That is Most Unfortunate.

    January is a while away, and I Fear that a Clone may Gardner The Same Results.

    Furthermore, I Personnaly feel as if Arizona Law 13-3102A11 should be Repealed.

    aadvark

  4. #4
    Regular Member azcdlfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    That is Most Unfortunate. January is a while away, and I Fear that a Clone may Gardner The Same Results.
    That hasn't been our experience. We've been at this for about 6 years now. We have been successfully in incrementally moving the laws in the right direction. Constitutional Carry didn't happen overnight, we kept chipping away for 5 years until planning met opportunity and we took advantage of an opening. We had at least 2 years of vetoes of weaker versions before we got it passed last year.

    As someone pointed out - footbal games are won more by "moving the chain" than touchdowns.

    Furthermore, I Personnaly feel as if Arizona Law 13-3102A11 should be Repealed.
    No argument there, but it won't happen overnight. But nothing can get accomplished unless more people are actively invovled.

    Fred

  5. #5
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    923

    Fred is perhaps the most knowledgable person on Arizona Gun legislation

    Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    azcdlFred:

    That is Most Unfortunate.

    January is a while away, and I Fear that a Clone may Gardner The Same Results.

    Furthermore, I Personnaly feel as if Arizona Law 13-3102A11 should be Repealed.

    aadvark
    Fred is perhaps the most important mover and shaker in AZCDL. He has accomplished wonders. His organizational skills, leadership, and energy have been a major factor in the restoration of our Constitutional rights in Arizona. He deserves a special award, and all of our thanks. As Arizona goes, so goes the nation!

  6. #6
    Regular Member azcdlfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    Fred is perhaps the most important mover and shaker in AZCDL. He has accomplished wonders. His organizational skills, leadership, and energy have been a major factor in the restoration of our Constitutional rights in Arizona. He deserves a special award, and all of our thanks. As Arizona goes, so goes the nation!
    Thanks for the kudos, but to shamelessly brag - I got the award already

    AzCDL has been awarded 3 times at the annual Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC). One of those was mine for being "Activist of the Year," courtesy of some behind the scenes work of my fellow AzCDL directors. I'm grateful, but it really was, and is, a group effort.

    Fred
    Last edited by azcdlfred; 05-14-2011 at 12:36 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    Furthermore, I Personnaly feel as if Arizona Law 13-3102A11 should be Repealed.
    I'm with you. A12 too.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605
    I Agree as Well!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •