• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will The Arizona Legislature Override Brewers' Senate Bill 1201 Veto?

aadvark

To The Arizona Citizens Defense League, and others:

Is there a Possibility that The Arizona Legislature Override Brewers' Senate Bill 1201 Veto?

aadvark

azcdlfred

To The Arizona Citizens Defense League, and others:
Is there a Possibility that The Arizona Legislature Override Brewers' Senate Bill 1201 Veto?
Not a snowball's chance in Hell.

They ended the session on April 20th and then the legislators all went home. The Governor vetoed the bill about week later. It was sent back to the staffers who remain at the leiglslature year round to file away in some dusty file cabinet.

However, that doesn't mean it's all over. Then next session starts in January. We (AzCDL) expect to have a clone of SB 1201 introduced.

Fred

aadvark

azcdlFred:

That is Most Unfortunate.

January is a while away, and I Fear that a Clone may Gardner The Same Results.

Furthermore, I Personnaly feel as if Arizona Law 13-3102A11 should be Repealed.

aadvark

azcdlfred

That is Most Unfortunate. January is a while away, and I Fear that a Clone may Gardner The Same Results.
That hasn't been our experience. We've been at this for about 6 years now. We have been successfully in incrementally moving the laws in the right direction. Constitutional Carry didn't happen overnight, we kept chipping away for 5 years until planning met opportunity and we took advantage of an opening. We had at least 2 years of vetoes of weaker versions before we got it passed last year.

As someone pointed out - footbal games are won more by "moving the chain" than touchdowns.

No argument there, but it won't happen overnight. But nothing can get accomplished unless more people are actively invovled.

Fred

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Fred is perhaps the most knowledgable person on Arizona Gun legislation

azcdlFred:

That is Most Unfortunate.

January is a while away, and I Fear that a Clone may Gardner The Same Results.

aadvark

Fred is perhaps the most important mover and shaker in AZCDL. He has accomplished wonders. His organizational skills, leadership, and energy have been a major factor in the restoration of our Constitutional rights in Arizona. He deserves a special award, and all of our thanks. As Arizona goes, so goes the nation!

azcdlfred

Fred is perhaps the most important mover and shaker in AZCDL. He has accomplished wonders. His organizational skills, leadership, and energy have been a major factor in the restoration of our Constitutional rights in Arizona. He deserves a special award, and all of our thanks. As Arizona goes, so goes the nation!
Thanks for the kudos, but to shamelessly brag - I got the award already :D

AzCDL has been awarded 3 times at the annual Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC). One of those was mine for being "Activist of the Year," courtesy of some behind the scenes work of my fellow AzCDL directors. I'm grateful, but it really was, and is, a group effort.

Fred

Last edited: