Thread: Open Carry in Golden Coral Boise

Open Carry in Golden Coral Boise

Well there I m having breakfast in Golden Coral enjoying watching all the people. Some guy comes a walking out of the bathroom and WHAT he is a packing some heat! Has a large semi auto on his belt packing at about 10:30 big as life. There were no screams nobody pointed or fainted. Children and liberals remained safe. It was a non event. I tried to get to him and say good job but he got out the door. We need more people like that. I will do my part.

Quote Originally Posted by timezoneguy View Post
    Well there I m having breakfast in Golden Coral enjoying watching all the people. Some guy comes a walking out of the bathroom and WHAT he is a packing some heat! Has a large semi auto on his belt packing at about 10:30 big as life. There were no screams nobody pointed or fainted. Children and liberals remained safe. It was a non event. I tried to get to him and say good job but he got out the door. We need more people like that. I will do my part.
    I haven't bee there yet, most of the times we go to IHOP, and we already have " our " table , like they are specting us every friday night, I see some people " eyeing" my gun ,it is a 44 magnum is big no body can miss it, the same as all the mexican restaurants here in Boise, they are O.C. friendly. this coming friday we will try the russian restaurant in Eagle, and see what happen,

I have been there done that.

I've OC'd Golden Corral's in Boise and Mesa without issue.

I was nervous the one time it was full of snowbirds in Mesa, none said a thing or gave more than a glance. I thought for sure some temporary resident from NY or Canada would call 911 on me.

Smile Golden Coral (Nampa)

I OC'ed at the Golden Coral in Nampa on Mothers Day. The only comment was from the table next to me and it was positive. Nobody else seemed to care, nobody was shocked, no one called 911.

As several are indicating, I've OC'd at both the Nampa and Boise GC's without problems.

victoria stiles
    Yes I have also herd about the Boise restaurants they are very famous for their services. But I have been there just once. As I love trying different dishes and love eating I will really like to try it once.

--Moderator comment--
    Known spammer - been reported.
    Last edited by victoria stiles; 08-26-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samson smith View Post
    I know that the golden coral Boise is very famous. I think you are right and i agree with you. So, you appoints some other people that can do this and make this place safer.
    Well, Victoria, you really should come by my place, Wild Bill's Barbeque, at Linder and Cherry in Meridian. Not only are you welcome but OC'ing gets you a discount on your meal. You might also want to drop by for our September 12th meeting and enjoy some BBQ and Gun Talk among the members of the Idaho Citizen's Defense League gun group which meets here on the second Monday of each month.

Stay Safe!
    Last edited by ecocks; 08-26-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria stiles View Post
    Yes I have also herd about the Boise restaurants they are very famous for their services. But I have been there just once. As I love trying different dishes and love eating I will really like to try it once.
    If you come back to Idaho and stop at Mountain Home (don't blink or you will miss it); My wife owns a Bakery and gives a discount to anyone OCing. Between her and the Jewlrey store next to her they have are armed to the teeth. The Jewlrey store also blings your guns, setting diamonds in your front sight. Don't laugh it works great for low light and to catch your eye when you draw.

Where is that Bakery?

victoria stiles
    --Moderator deleted post --
    --Known spammer--

Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    Where is that Bakery?
    A Little Slice of Heaven

Located at 148 N 2nd East Mountain Home, ID 83647

Located between Wells Fargo and Stockers Jewlery Store.

Stockers Jewlery also blings guns, you should go in at check them out as they are very OC friendly also.

She also has a facebook page you can visit and see some of her cakes and deserts.

Ok, I have read your post. I note that the address of your mountain home in my diary. Boise is very beautiful place and soon i want to see this place. So, please give me the link of your facebook id with some photograph of your mountain home. Thanks
    Not much to look at in Mountain Home as it is mostly BROWN...lol

I'm not that computer savey to send you a link but just look up "A little slice of heaven" on facebook. It should be the only one in Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    I'm not that computer savey to send you a link but just look up "A little slice of heaven" on facebook. It should be the only one in Idaho.
    I got your 6. Little Slice of Heaven

Hey DocWalker, you are really great. I have search on the facebook. I have seen "A little slice of heaven" on the facebook. It is good place in Boise. Great!! Thank you so much.

Mountain Home is not part of Boise, it is another town in Idaho. It is southeast of Boise on I 84, 40 or 50 miles or so.
    Last edited by hermannr; 09-15-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Talking

I like to think of Mountain Home as a subburb of Boise, the brown part....lol I work in Boise and travel our now construction filled trip everyday.

Miss my Open Carry Rights

I'm a former Eagle resident, now living in Hawaii. I carried in ID all the time with mostly positive responses from the few that even noticed the Taurus on my hip.

Here in HI, where gun laws are redundant and restrictive, having a handgun in your home without a "permit to acquire", and having your weapon registered with the local police, is a felony. Carry is absolutely forbidden, and frankly when I think about all the meth cookers and pot growers here (and their alleged propensity toward home invasion) I miss the peace of mind that my firearms used to give me.

Congrats to all the Gem State residents that exercise their right to own and carry a personal protection firearm.

But....but....your in paradise. And with big brother protecting you and your family nothing bad will ever every happen in Hawaii. This rumor of drug dealers and home invades must all be a lie because those are illegal just like a criminal having a gun is illegal. It could never happen since Hawaii has so many restrictive gun laws. I thought Hawaii-five-O was just a made up TV show.

Note: Sarcasm still working at full......

OT Question:

So, when you move to HI and have guns in your possession what is the procedure to obtain the necessary "permit(s)" for possession?

more from hawaii

You can not bring firearms into the state of HI, even if you have legally acquired them elsewhere without doing the following:

1. Provide proof of having taken a recent Firearms Safety course or Hunter Safety course,
    2. Prove US citizenship
    3. Apply for and pay for a "Permit to Acquire" for each firearm individually - include make, model and serial numbers
    4. When approved, confirm that your weapon matches that of your permit by bringing the firearm to the local police where it is cataloged to you and your address.

You can not have any sort of violent crimes or felonies of course, and any history of domestic violence prohibits you from getting a permit.

Hawaii is a "may issue" state for carry permits, but since 1961 only one has ever been issued to my knowledge.

How much are the permits? Individually (per weapon) pricing from what you say?
    Last edited by ecocks; 09-14-2011 at 01:30 PM.

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
    Hey Ed, you moving to HI? Kidding, I doubt that will ever happen. How are things with the Biz? Life is good here, busy on the 10-12th but survived. Havn't been on the forum in a while, missed it. Had a moment and thought I would visit and say hello. have some catching up to do, gotta get to reading. Be safe and talk again soon.

John

Attachment 6956

Mountain Home ~ We got wind !

No, not moving to HI. Somewhere else might become an option perhaps, but not HI.