Thread: Post 9/11 GI Bill VETS Dependant Educational Benefit Transferability H.R. 1130

Post 9/11 GI Bill VETS Dependant Educational Benefit Transferability H.R. 1130

Education Assistance to Realign New Eligibilities for Dependents (EARNED) Act of 2011 H.R. 1130.
    For those of you that were not on active duty on or after Aug 1, 2009 and are Post 9/11 GI bill eligible, we know we were shafted out on the dependant transferability part. Well H.R. 1130 changes that, only if it makes it out of committees and gets passed.
    Thought I would let you know in case you were like me retied days before Aug 1, 2009, or retired, or got out any time after 9/11, and wants to transfer educational benefits over to a dependent. Iíll be writing my Congressman asking for his support of the Bill. I hope you can all do the same for your dependants.

Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    I don't understand why they keep wanting to change this stuff. All vets who have servered should get free college scholarships period. After all they are making the sacrifice for this country that so many others don't. They do and give so much and get so little in return.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    I'm always heartened when I hear of programs like this. Serving one's country isn't easy. We can't afford freeloading, but vets are a small percentage of our population, and many join the service instead of going to college. Once they return, they're generally struggling with various issues, trying to find work, and trying to go to school all at the same time. To say the battle is uphill is an understatement.
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.