• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clean Constitutional Carry Bill?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Training only bill

I just got this from a contact at a contact.

I haven't fully read this but this is the CC bill that the Assembly Freshmen want to introduce but so far it hasn't been allowed.

I got this from my friends at https://www.facebook.com/conservative.wisconsin and http://conservativewisconsin.com/wisconsin-ccc-bill/

Please check out their website and 'like' them if interested.

It seems this is the 'training only' bill.

http://conservativewisconsin.com/2011-5-10-CCC-Co-Sponsor-Memo.doc

Attachments

• 2011 5-12 LRB-2054-1 Concealed Carry.pdf
    43.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

duckdog

They're sure hung up on the training they think we need. I've come to the conclusion that they're going to do what they want, regardless of what us punny voters want. I think we need to keep trying, but to what end, I'm not so sure of anymore. It didn't take long for some of them to forget who put them in office.

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK.... This seems better than the 'shall issue' bill in that there is no state database that would have my name in it, no fee.

I still would rather have SB93.

duckdog

Your right there, Paul. It looks like a private firm would give the training, so I wonder what the charge for the 2 hr class would be. If it was in the area of the permit fee, it wouldn't be the worst. 2 hrs is easier to stomach than 8 hrs! I think they'll do what they want, but we can hope.

Captain Nemo

What is so hard for these people to understand that 1,000,000 people in Wisconsin already have a certificate certifying that they have been trained in safe handling and use of firearms. Anyone born after Jan 1, 1973 is required to take the state sponsored training class conducted by the DNR. The course consists of 10 hours of class and requires range time to demonstrate proficiency. The cost at the time I took it 10 years ago was $14. The bill referenced in this thread specifically targets handguns. The DNR certification classes includes handguns, specifically those lawful for hunting. Whether used for hunting or personal protection the issues of safe handling and use of handguns are the same. Likewise the legal issues of improper use are the same.

The 2010 population of Wisconsin was 5,500,000 people. 1,000,000 have received a training certificate from the State. That is nearly 20% of the total state population. Why is that so hard to understand?

deadlifter

With all due respect to those who disagree, I dont see any problem with having a 2 hour training session, with no shall issue.

Taking a Hunters Education IMO is alot different than carrying a piece on the streets for protection of self and state.

Informing people of possible draw/no draw scenarios, how to handle LEO interactions, as well as the rights, responsibilities, and duties that come along with carrying would be very beneficial to many.

Wolf1477

Hmm, so instead of a shall issue permit that may or may not be recognized for reciprocity by other states, instead I'll have to carry another permit stating I've passed the mandatory training that gets me nothing in the way of reciprocity? Tell me again how that can't be tracked? It's being a helluva week and I could use a good laugh.

Somewhere they would have to have a record of who took/passed the class and issue the cards/certification, that involves a database, else any Joe Blow can tell the cops "yeah, I took the course", even if they hadn't and they wouldn't be able to prove he hadn't.

If I'm going to have my name put in a goobermint database it had damn sure be for something that nets me something worth it, and a training card ain't it.

Training certs = worthless permit. At least my $26 Pennsylvania LTCF allows me to carry in some other states...without any mandatory training.

protias

What is so hard for these people to understand that 1,000,000 people in Wisconsin already have a certificate certifying that they have been trained in safe handling and use of firearms. Anyone born after magical Jan 1, 1973 is required to take the state sponsored training class conducted by the DNR. The course consists of 10 hours of class and requires range time to demonstrate proficiency.
fixed
With all due respect to those who disagree, I dont see any problem with having a 2 hour training session, with no shall issue.

Taking a Hunters Education IMO is alot different than carrying a piece on the streets for protection of self and state.

Informing people of possible draw/no draw scenarios, how to handle LEO interactions, as well as the rights, responsibilities, and duties that come along with carrying would be very beneficial to many.

No one here is against training, we are against mandatory training. The classes are designed for one size fits all. People learn at different rates and some prefer different types of firearms over others.

Oh, and to "handle" LEO interactions, don't talk to police. Ask if you are free to go or being detained. If you are being detained, do not talk! If you are free to go, go on with your business. ;)

Edit: See sig for LEO interactions.

Last edited:

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
This bill doesn't eliminate the restrictions on carrying in establishments serving alcohol like the Shall-Issue bill that is proposed, and I don't know if this address the Federal GFSZ issue. Don't get me wrong, I want the Constitutional Carry (Right-to-Carry) Bill, but if I had to pick between the proposed Shall-Issue and this 2 Hour Class bill I think I take the Shall-Issue.