Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range Rat gett'n hassled

Range Rat gett'n hassled

Got a call from Range Rat, surrounded by PD at South Ridge . Nik has been called.

According to Range Rat he was stopped in his vehicle while leaving Sears. Apparently someone called and said he was OC'n in the mall.

Wish him well.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Well, the right call was made. WCI would also be my first call.

McX
    !

Update

Talked to Range rat 2 min. ago,seems Greendale PD made an illegal stop and wanted to search his car and check to see if his firearm was unloaded and encased. He has all their names and conversation ON TAPE !Cops said he was in the mall and Sears is part of the mall .WRONG ! He said he was followed in the store ,more than likely a store dick.

He will post later after he talks to Nik.

I think a small tribute is due from Greendale....$
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.

I can't believe police are still harassing law abiding citizens.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

It is just one thing after another today. First walker, then no Lifeguard at swimming for the kids, now this. I am getting really tired of good people going through BS for no better reason than someone feels like it.

I will watch carefully for updates. Hopw all is well RangeRat. Let us know everything is Alpha Charlie.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Angry

I don't know any way to say this that won't be taken as cop-bashing...
    [rant]
    How stupid are the LEOS we have in SE WI!?!?!?!?
    There have been several VERY public cases where various agencies got their hands (I'll be nice) slapped for behaving badly toward OCers.
    It's been 2 years since the AG's memo.
    What is it going to take to get LEOs to follow the law?

[/rant]

So... where & when is the protest?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I smell $$$$.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Centurion
    It would be NORMAL for the Leo's to WANT to search the car no matter the jurisdiction. 2 issues here-- first, what was their suspicion or probable cause for initiating the stop and second,-- WHAT HAPPENED after the Leos were informed that a WARRANT would be needed before they could search the vehicle?

Totality of the circumstances.......

wasn't met.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Hope everything is well with Range Rat .

I'm also hopping the police just "wanted" to search his car and didn't insist. I'm going to give the police the benefit of the doubt until we hear otherwise.

McX
    did his gun match his shoes? you know how the cops are about that!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    It would be NORMAL for the Leo's to WANT to search the car no matter the jurisdiction. 2 issues here-- first, what was their suspicion or probable cause for initiating the stop and second,-- WHAT HAPPENED after the Leos were informed that a WARRANT would be needed before they could search the vehicle?
    #1 P.C. PD was called because he was OC'n in Sears. Sound familiar MKE Gal ?
    #2 Wanted to know if his firearm was stored in compliance with state vehicle transport laws i.e. unloaded and encased.
    He told me he was detained for 25 min.,not under arrest and frisked for more weapons . not sure if they demanded ID but since he was driving more than likely and he would have had to comply (good way for them to get your ID ). Good thing he had his recorder going.

McX
    #2 Wanted to know if his firearm was stored in compliance with state vehicle transport laws i.e. unloaded and encased.

GET A WARRANT!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Well, the right call was made. WCI would also be my first call.
    Yeah I carry his card in my wallet right behind my Utah CCW permit. I'm pretty sure I'd still call my wife first but her first call would be to him and my lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971
    Totality of the circumstances...
    Oh, no... there's that phrase again. I can hear McX screaming all the way from Racine, see the papers being thrown about.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf
    #1 P.C. PD was called because he was OC'n in Sears. Sound familiar MKE Gal?
    Oh, yes. See my rant a few posts up.
    What is it going to take to get through the (collectively) thick skulls of WI LEOs that OC is legal, a protected civil right, and is not RAS for any nonconsensual contact?!?!?
    The AG has spoken, there have been moderate payouts from cities that infringed on the civil rights of OCing citizens... What more will it take?

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf
    To which, if you choose to speak with the police, you say "yes it is" and that should be the end of it, unless they can convince a judge to issue a warrant.

ETA: I find the juxtaposition of the avatars in posts #14 & 15 amusing in a dark, twisted way.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 05-13-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Yet another reason* to never set foot in Sears.

*As if bad prices, annoying retail workers, poor selection, china-quality crap and needing to snake through a friggin mall parking lot to get there weren't enough.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RR_Broccoli View Post
    Yet another reason* to never set foot in Sears.

*As if bad prices, annoying retail workers, poor selection, china-quality crap and needing to snake through a friggin mall parking lot to get there weren't enough.
    I've never had a problem with Sears and they don't post any signage that I have ever seen.

They do still have some USA made tools, you just need to search a little bit for them... not as good as they used to be though, I can't argue with that.

I do not think the Problem lies with Sears, they follow all state laws pertaining to open carry. More than likely some over zealous undercover security guard or customer who does not know the law, the PD told him ORR if he wants to know who called.
    I very seldom go to Sears or their sister company K-Mart but have never had any problems when I do.

This is exhibit #347 that I am glad I live in a rural area where the LEO's are about 99.9% of the time informed and respectful. Sorry to hear you got hassled Range Rat. Greendale PD has always been known for borderline harassing people. When I was in high school in that area it was like every kid under 18 was a criminal in some way shape or form no matter what just for being in Greendale.

Sure hope this gets squared up. Just remember what our founding fathers went through before and after the Declaration of Independence. It took years to get to the point of signing that paper. took many years after that to get the point across to England. (war of 1812) Andrew Jackson finally drove the point home.

It will take time and there will be those coppers who just don't like having their exclusive club broken up. We must persist and be firm about our convictions in order to secure liberty and freedom. Make no mistake about it, we all are walking on hallowed ground here. Those who went before us gave it everything they had, we can do no less. For Range Rat, might be a tough time, an inconvenience but most certainly the coppers infringed on his Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

2nd, 4th and 14th... No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

When will the coppers get "it"? No guess there but I do know that I will not be walked on. We Americans are unique on all of recorded history in that we constructed a document that guaranteed our rights. It does not bestow or give them to us, it guarantees them. Natural rights that must not be trampled. Especially by those who swore an oath to uphold them.

Shame on the officers who disregard their sacred oath to protect and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. Discarding it like so much rubbish by their actions and words. Shame. They do not deserve to wear the uniform nor affix the badge to their chests. They are no better than street thugs, Gang mindset and actions.

Each one of us that endures these usurpations of our rights and stands tall, paves the road of liberty for those who follow. I believe we must do battle because the alternative is that we lose everything. We become nothing more than slaves. That is a bitter mouthful that I spit out.

My wife told me last night as we were discussing our latest encounter with fascism, that she backs me 100% but it is hard to deal with some times. The decisions that I have made brings this bias and prejudice to us. I had no argument for that, but she continued that she would rather have that than be walked on or have our Constitutionally Guaranteed rights abrogated.

She is gravely disabled and for her to take this crap and still stand behind me, well it makes my eyes well up to know that with all she deals with, she still will stand against tyranny and oppression by my side. That is in fact what the liberals and coppers have for us if we back down.

Sorry to be so long winded but dam* this brings my blood to a boil.!

Stand firm Rat!

Carry on.

Hardballer out!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Exclamation Never Give Up...

"My wife told me last night as we were discussing our latest encounter with fascism, that she backs me 100% but it is hard to deal with some times. The decisions that I have made brings this bias and prejudice to us. I had no argument for that, but she continued that she would rather have that than be walked on or have our Constitutionally Guaranteed rights abrogated."

Yes, it is very difficult to deal with and every time I think of what has and is going on in this country I know WE are fighting the fight of our life. We must stand firm in our convictions and never give up, never back down. We have stood idly by for too long and have lost so much. Never again.

God bless you and your wife Hardballer!

Right on Hardballer.

One thing I have not done in my 34 years is exercise my rights like I should have. I have been slowly waking from my coma of obtuseness to find out that we are not really a free nation, as long as we need to ask for our rights and freedoms.

This is one thing that is also a bit of a strain between my wife and I. She understands that my wanting to OC is about expressing my right to do it. She is not of the wave making sort, and thinks that OC'ing will cause waves.

Im sure that it will, but having my rights and the freedom to use them is more important than any waves.

On that note, I hope it all works out well in the end for Range Ratt.
    Last edited by deadlifter; 05-13-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Thank you fellas.

I am confident things will look good for Rat in just a short while...
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Was he in the mall and walked into Sears?

Was he only in Sears?

Are either of them posted/have a known no carry policy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast