Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Got back from Wausau hearing

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vilas County, WI
    Posts
    71

    Got back from Wausau hearing

    I didn't have the opportunity to stay for the whole thing but left refreshed and proud to be from Wisconsin. There were a few against the bill, but it was a very small minority (and they didn't make any sense). I was surprised to see huge support for Constitutional Carry! Two of the Senators were a bit single-minded, but the others on the panel I got the impression genuinely were listening and taking to heart what the people were saying.

    Overall it was a great experience!

  2. #2
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Very cool and thank you.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox


    We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

  3. #3
    McX
    Guest
    BIG Thanks to all who went for all of us.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Good to see rights minded folks were out today!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  5. #5
    Regular Member Russf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    107
    Wish I could have been to either one, but had to work. Great job to all who went.

  6. #6
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    I was at the Madison hearing, & they got a bit testy hearing from so many people who mentioned Constitutional Carry.
    Think maybe we were getting through?
    Keep up the pressure - call & email (& visit if you can) your elected reps.
    If you email, tell them you want a response from them!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vilas County, WI
    Posts
    71
    There is definitely huge support for Constitutional Carry. Way, way more than I thought there was!

    There were a lot of liberals who left the Wausau hearing about an hour or so into it. There was a pair behind me sighing every few second and muttering words like "testosterone". They left early and I heard them say "there's no sense in being here their minds are already made up".

    I was a little annoyed with a Baptist preacher who got up and turned his statement into a sermon (probably couldn't help it). He was right on most counts but held up the line considerably. I wish I could remember names but the first gentleman to speak was excellent, a police officer (or chief) and firearms instructor. He came as a citizen however, not a cop which I appreciated. There were two people from Hudson who came (a woman and a pilot) that were excellent and had some real-world experiences to go with their viewpoints (Constitutional Carry!). There was a gentleman from central Wisconsin that had a death threat against him because of his political views. The last person that really had an impact to me before I left was a gentleman from the Airforce (officer?). Very no nonsense and had a LOT of authority when he spoke, which was in heavy favor of Constitutional Carry.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by technician View Post
    There is definitely huge support for Constitutional Carry. Way, way more than I thought there was!

    There were a lot of liberals who left the Wausau hearing about an hour or so into it. There was a pair behind me sighing every few second and muttering words like "testosterone". They left early and I heard them say "there's no sense in being here their minds are already made up".

    I was a little annoyed with a Baptist preacher who got up and turned his statement into a sermon (probably couldn't help it). He was right on most counts but held up the line considerably. I wish I could remember names but the first gentleman to speak was excellent, a police officer (or chief) and firearms instructor. He came as a citizen however, not a cop which I appreciated. There were two people from Hudson who came (a woman and a pilot) that were excellent and had some real-world experiences to go with their viewpoints (Constitutional Carry!). There was a gentleman from central Wisconsin that had a death threat against him because of his political views. The last person that really had an impact to me before I left was a gentleman from the Airforce (officer?). Very no nonsense and had a LOT of authority when he spoke, which was in heavy favor of Constitutional Carry.
    I agree ! With the Majority of support that Constitutional carry had yesterday at the Public Hearings in Madison & Wausau, the Majority Constitutional carry has on the Milwaukee Journal sentinel 11,000 respondents with a 60% Majority & the NPR online polls + the Majority of correspondence I am sure the Senators & Representatives are getting being for constitutional carry..if we get anything less than Constitutional carry now....Heads will need to roll !!! The People are speaking & if our elected reps ignore the voice of the Majority then those elected people will need to lose their jobs next time around.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  9. #9
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    The People are speaking & if our elected reps ignore the voice of the Majority then those elected people will need to lose their jobs next time around.
    You had me at hello.

    And for the record they are holding NO stock in the online polls. They want a scientific poll. I pointed out that just because I voted only a few times I swear it does not invalidate the results.

    They didn't bite.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 05-13-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  10. #10
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    And for the record they are holding NO stock in the online polls. They want a scientific poll. I pointed out that just because I voted only a few times I swear it does not invalidate the results.

    They didn't bite.
    That's because the poll didn't go the way they were hoping it would, meaning they were probably hoping for more people in favor of a straight permit system instead of a no permit system. Had it gone that way they would been trumpeting the results saying "The people have spoken and that is the end of that." Polls only matter when the end result is what they WANT it to reflect .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    That's because the poll didn't go the way they were hoping it would, meaning they were probably hoping for more people in favor of a straight permit system instead of a no permit system. Had it gone that way they would been trumpeting the results saying "The people have spoken and that is the end of that." Polls only matter when the end result is what they WANT it to reflect .
    There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  12. #12
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    And Coffee!

    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  13. #13
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    That's because the poll didn't go the way they were hoping it would, meaning they were probably hoping for more people in favor of a straight permit system instead of a no permit system. Had it gone that way they would been trumpeting the results saying "The people have spoken and that is the end of that." Polls only matter when the end result is what they WANT it to reflect .
    In the way they worded the questions, it was obvious they wanted people to lean towards the permit answer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •