• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got back from Wausau hearing

technician

I didn't have the opportunity to stay for the whole thing but left refreshed and proud to be from Wisconsin. There were a few against the bill, but it was a very small minority (and they didn't make any sense). I was surprised to see huge support for Constitutional Carry! Two of the Senators were a bit single-minded, but the others on the panel I got the impression genuinely were listening and taking to heart what the people were saying.

Overall it was a great experience!

Russf

Wish I could have been to either one, but had to work. Great job to all who went.

MKEgal

I was at the Madison hearing, & they got a bit testy hearing from so many people who mentioned Constitutional Carry. :rolleyes:
Think maybe we were getting through?
Keep up the pressure - call & email (& visit if you can) your elected reps.
If you email, tell them you want a response from them!!

technician

There is definitely huge support for Constitutional Carry. Way, way more than I thought there was!

There were a lot of liberals who left the Wausau hearing about an hour or so into it. There was a pair behind me sighing every few second and muttering words like "testosterone". They left early and I heard them say "there's no sense in being here their minds are already made up".

I was a little annoyed with a Baptist preacher who got up and turned his statement into a sermon (probably couldn't help it). He was right on most counts but held up the line considerably. I wish I could remember names but the first gentleman to speak was excellent, a police officer (or chief) and firearms instructor. He came as a citizen however, not a cop which I appreciated. There were two people from Hudson who came (a woman and a pilot) that were excellent and had some real-world experiences to go with their viewpoints (Constitutional Carry!). There was a gentleman from central Wisconsin that had a death threat against him because of his political views. The last person that really had an impact to me before I left was a gentleman from the Airforce (officer?). Very no nonsense and had a LOT of authority when he spoke, which was in heavy favor of Constitutional Carry.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
There is definitely huge support for Constitutional Carry. Way, way more than I thought there was!

There were a lot of liberals who left the Wausau hearing about an hour or so into it. There was a pair behind me sighing every few second and muttering words like "testosterone". They left early and I heard them say "there's no sense in being here their minds are already made up".

I was a little annoyed with a Baptist preacher who got up and turned his statement into a sermon (probably couldn't help it). He was right on most counts but held up the line considerably. I wish I could remember names but the first gentleman to speak was excellent, a police officer (or chief) and firearms instructor. He came as a citizen however, not a cop which I appreciated. There were two people from Hudson who came (a woman and a pilot) that were excellent and had some real-world experiences to go with their viewpoints (Constitutional Carry!). There was a gentleman from central Wisconsin that had a death threat against him because of his political views. The last person that really had an impact to me before I left was a gentleman from the Airforce (officer?). Very no nonsense and had a LOT of authority when he spoke, which was in heavy favor of Constitutional Carry.

I agree ! With the Majority of support that Constitutional carry had yesterday at the Public Hearings in Madison & Wausau, the Majority Constitutional carry has on the Milwaukee Journal sentinel 11,000 respondents with a 60% Majority & the NPR online polls + the Majority of correspondence I am sure the Senators & Representatives are getting being for constitutional carry..if we get anything less than Constitutional carry now....Heads will need to roll !!! The People are speaking & if our elected reps ignore the voice of the Majority then those elected people will need to lose their jobs next time around.

HandyHamlet

The People are speaking & if our elected reps ignore the voice of the Majority then those elected people will need to lose their jobs next time around.

You had me at hello.

And for the record they are holding NO stock in the online polls. They want a scientific poll. I pointed out that just because I voted only a few times I swear it does not invalidate the results.

They didn't bite.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

And for the record they are holding NO stock in the online polls. They want a scientific poll. I pointed out that just because I voted only a few times I swear it does not invalidate the results.

They didn't bite.
That's because the poll didn't go the way they were hoping it would, meaning they were probably hoping for more people in favor of a straight permit system instead of a no permit system. Had it gone that way they would been trumpeting the results saying "The people have spoken and that is the end of that." Polls only matter when the end result is what they WANT it to reflect :banghead:.

protias

That's because the poll didn't go the way they were hoping it would, meaning they were probably hoping for more people in favor of a straight permit system instead of a no permit system. Had it gone that way they would been trumpeting the results saying "The people have spoken and that is the end of that." Polls only matter when the end result is what they WANT it to reflect :banghead:.
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

VW_Factor

In the way they worded the questions, it was obvious they wanted people to lean towards the permit answer.