• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walker Will Not Support Constitutional Carry!!!!

CalicoJack10

I was watching a video clip and I just about missed the bit at the end that says Governor Walker says he will not support constitutional Carry.

http://www.nbc15.com/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5844937&flvUri&partnerclipid

"Governor Walker said yesterday that he supports concealed carry, but would not give an endorsement to the Constitutional Carry Bill."

This is outragious, and a direct contradiction to what he said when he was running for office. It means larger government, and it is the opposite of "I will pass whatever bill reaches my desk"

Oh man I am PI$$ED!

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I was watching a video clip and I just about missed the bit at the end that says Governor Walker says he will not support constitutional Carry.

http://www.nbc15.com/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=5844937&flvUri&partnerclipid

"Governor Walker said yesterday that he supports concealed carry, but would not give an endorsement to the Constitutional Carry Bill."

There is a difference between 'endorsement' and support. I believe he isn't endorsing either bill.

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

I am in the For or Against frame of mind. It seems to me that he is looking for a way to offset the budget crap. It is devious, underhanded, and not what he put out when he was running.

He said he would support "Whatever Bill" hit his desk. Not endorsing Constitutional Carry is the same in my opinion as going back on his word.

I am tired of tap dancing around with these pricks, we should not have to fight for FREEDOM. I gave years of my life, and my personal blood and well being for the freedoms that we are being forced to negociate for. GRRRRRR, I am angry!

paul@paul-fisher.com

It is devious, underhanded, and not what he put out when he was running.

You say this and then said 'He said he would sign whatever crossed his desk'. Make up your mind.

Would I rather he called up every Senator and Representative and said 'pass Constitutional Carry'? Yes, will I be upset if he doesn't, a little. Will I call him a liar? No.

The Governor does NOT make laws. The only way he comes close is with the very powerful Frankenstein veto power he has.

Instead of bitching at him, work on the people who can actually make a difference, the Representatives and Senators.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I personally talked with both Gov. Walker and his Chief of Staff during the campaign.

He NEVER said he would "endorse" constitutional carry. He NEVER said he would ask the legislature to get constitutional carry to his desk.

I posed the specific question IF the legislature DOES get it to his desk, will he sign it.

His answer was YES.

I never expected him to be constitutional carry's advocate. The message I took from him was if WE do the legwork HE'LL sign it.

We have been making PHENOMENAL progress in this effort.

The news reports on both bills as if they are equally legitimate (which they are) The WHOLE state is being educated on Constitutional carry. The WCI/USCCA Radio ads will begin in the next day or so pushing constitutional carry. Did ANYONE expect us to be where we are right now, a year ago at this time? I didn't.

I understand everyone is on edge but KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME.

Do not give up, do not get frustrated, lets grind this one out. WE are weeks away from the victory that no one thought was possible.

A handful of people committed to the cause moved an ENTIRE state of Wisconsin, a former right-to-carry DESERT into an open-carry STRONGHOLD.

We have FAR FAR FAR more than a handful advocating for constitutional carry. This battle is ours to lose.

If you are angry, if you are frustrated, I want you to think of the PRIDE you will feel when the ENTIRE country of shall-issue-privilege holders pull up the news one morning and see that WISCONSIN is the 5th constitutional carry state.

I want you to consider what YOUR efforts NOW will mean for 10's of MILLIONS of people all across this country. I want you to consider what a massive victory constitutional carry will be for NOT JUST Wisconsin but for gun owners across the ENTIRE country.

Last edited:

RR_Broccoli

I think fine tuning the weasel words of politicians is sort of pointless.

What matters, is what he does with the Constitutional Carry bill when it reaches his desk to be signed. The posturing in the lead up is just that mysterious and underhanded language of politicians.

I have the feeling that he's enough pragmatist to sign if the bill gets there. Otherwise, he would be no better than Doyle, and he and everybody else would know it for sure.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I personally talked with both Gov. Walker and his Chief of Staff during the campaign.

He NEVER said he would "endorse" constitutional carry. He NEVER said he would ask the legislature to get constitutional carry to his desk.

I posed the specific question IF the legislature DOES get it to his desk, will he sign it.

His answer was YES.

I never expected him to be constitutional carry's advocate. The message I took from him was if WE do the legwork HE'LL sign it.

We have been making PHENOMENAL progress in this effort.

The news reports on both bills as if they are equally legitimate (which they are) The WHOLE state is being educated on Constitutional carry. The WCI/USCCA Radio ads will begin in the next day or so pushing constitutional carry. Did ANYONE expect us to be where we are right now, a year ago at this time? I didn't.

I understand everyone is on edge but KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME.

Do not give up, do not get frustrated, lets grind this one out. WE are weeks away from the victory that no one thought was possible.

A handful of people committed to the cause moved an ENTIRE state of Wisconsin, a former right-to-carry DESERT into an open-carry STRONGHOLD.

We have FAR FAR FAR more than a handful advocating for constitutional carry. This battle is ours to lose.

If you are angry, if you are frustrated, I want you to think of the PRIDE you will feel when the ENTIRE country of shall-issue-privilege holders pull up the news one morning and see that WISCONSIN is the 5th constitutional carry state.

I want you to consider what YOUR efforts NOW will mean for 10's of MILLIONS of people all across this country. I want you to consider what a massive victory constitutional carry will be for NOT JUST Wisconsin but for gun owners across the ENTIRE country.

+1 Very well put Nik! Best post I have read in a long time...

Zeus

My emotions are similar to Calico but my recent experience is positive and I think those anti bastards are running scared. We are WINNING. Sometimes it's an inch, sometimes it's a few yards but they wouldn't be so pissed off and getting this hysterical if we weren't kicking their asses. States all over are going Constitutional Carry or at least trying. This wouldn't even have been up for discussion two years ago. The left media is reporting lies about how we are losing trying desperately to sway the uninformed.
I have never been this politically active ever before and neither have my friends and co-workers. I am the most pro-gun activist in my workplace of about 700 people and proud of it. Many people are stepping up like never before. The good folks here, our leadership and members have been excellent and have given me a renewed purpose to reclaim freedom for the citizens of WI. We are running downhill with momentum. Keep fighting. Carry on!

Outdoorsman1

My emotions are similar to Calico but my recent experience is positive and I think those anti bastards are running scared. We are WINNING. Sometimes it's an inch, sometimes it's a few yards but they wouldn't be so pissed off and getting this hysterical if we weren't kicking their asses. States all over are going Constitutional Carry or at least trying. This wouldn't even have been up for discussion two years ago. The left media is reporting lies about how we are losing trying desperately to sway the uninformed.
I have never been this politically active ever before and neither have my friends and co-workers. I am the most pro-gun activist in my workplace of about 700 people and proud of it. Many people are stepping up like never before. The good folks here, our leadership and members have been excellent and have given me a renewed purpose to reclaim freedom for the citizens of WI. We are running downhill with momentum. Keep fighting. Carry on!

I have been wanting to quote this line ever since I first read it somewhere on this website.. and this seems like the most appropriate time.....

"Good On You"....

Outdoorsman1

bigdaddy1

There are many "pro-gun" people where I work, but none are willing to make any effort to achieve the freedome we seek. Many people come to me to see what's new on the firearms front but they dont seem to take any action when I tell them anything. They are happy to take what ever they are given I guess.

hardballer

Sometimes, spoon feeding pablum to these bystanders is the only way to make it happen. Write, Speak, Do! Give them a template. A plan of action. Hold their hands.

The point is not who will do a think on their own but rather securing our Constitutional rights. Constitutional Carry may require spoon feeding and hand holding...

Just sayin'

hardballer out!