• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter from Sen Dave Hansen

qball54208

I did call Hansens' office to discuss the recent Bill's coming up, the "right" person was not there to take all of my comments. (interns)
I did receive a written response:

Dear Mr.Johnson
Thank you for contacting me regarding your support of legislation that would allow people to carry concealed loaded guns in Wisconsin. I appreciate your comments.
I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and have supported allowing retired peace officers to carry weapons. Additionally, I have co-sponsored Assembly Bill 69 (AB-69) that would provide a "privilege of self-defense," often refereed to as Castle Doctrine. AB-69 was introduced by Rep Dave Kaufert and as May12, 2011, it is still working it's way through the Committee on Judiciary and Ethics.
However, at this time I am not convinced that concealed carry as it has been proposed will make our communities safer. I will keep your comments in mind should this legislation come before the Senate for a full vote.
I hope you find this information helpful. If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this or other issues involving state government, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Dave Hansen

My thoughts, I wana PUKE!

nobama

Whenever a politition opens with "I am a strong supporter of the 2A" there is always a red flag. If this guy doesnt want CC then I bet he doesnt like OC either. Hammer this guy every chance you get.

littlewolf

Who in the hell cares what they want , they were elected to bring forward the thoughts and wishes of the people they work for and NOT to interpret the constitution to meet their ideas, the constitution is what it is. If it needs explaining, we have a Supreme Court to do that.
I personally am tired of them imposing their will and beliefs on the people as if they are our superiors. I wish it were easier to hold them accountable for their actions/inaction's.
Rant over.

Da Po-lock

EXACT same blubbering I got from him 2 days ago. What pissed me off was that the letter he sent was typed up and he crossed off "Mr. Xxxxxxxx" and hand wrote Ron instead. Kind of a dis if you ask me.

My response: Well then Dave-Mr. Hasbeen, good luck in the recall vote. I am a supporter of politics, however I do support recall petitions to oust fleabag Democrats who run away from issues (as I am paying your salary the entire time) and turn their backs on the United States Constitution they took an oath to uphold when they were elected more. Unfortunately I never voted for you and I will continue to support anyone who runs against you. Please forget to contact me in the future when you are trying to drum up votes.:banana:

HandyHamlet

Looks like someone hasn't received the memo. In one form or another law abiding citizens will be carrying concealed very soon.

I hope this dipsh@t Hansen hasn't burned his bridge as a bagger at the Pig.

ssmits

EXACT same blubbering I got from him 2 days ago. What pissed me off was that the letter he sent was typed up and he crossed off "Mr. Xxxxxxxx" and hand wrote Ron instead. Kind of a dis if you ask me.

My letter is the same thing "Mr. Xxxxxxxx" and hand wrote my name so like looks like he is sincer what a bunch of **** .

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
This is what I emailed him this Morning... I also called his office a few days ago.

Dear, Senator Hansen

With the Majority of support that Constitutional carry had yesterday at the Public Hearings in Madison & Wausau, the Majority Constitutional carry has on the Milwaukee Journal sentinel online poll 11,000 respondents with a 60% Majority & the NPR online polls + the Majority of correspondence I am sure the Senators & Representatives are getting being for constitutional carry..if we get anything less than Constitutional carry now....Heads will need to roll !!! The People are speaking & if our elected reps ignore the voice of the Majority then those elected people will need to lose their jobs next time around. The Gun community is now very organized & galvanized in support of Constitutional carry.

Very Sincerely,

Last edited:

Max

"I am not convinced that concealed carry as it has been proposed will make our communities safer."

Two points to make, Senator Hansen took an oath when he was elected to honor both the state and federal constitutions. Nowhere in that oath was there any mention of making communities safer.

Secondly, the preservation and exercise of individual rights often make a community less safe but the individual right trumps community safety. When we let a criminal go free because the cops forgot to read him his Miranda rights, we make a community less safe but the right against self incrimination trumps community safety.

When solid evidence of a crime is disallowed because its discovery was conducted in a search without a mandated warrant, that makes the community less safe but again individual rights trump community safety.

For me, and the supreme court of the United States, we don't concern ourselves with whether the exercise of a right makes a community more or less safe and neither should Senator Hansen.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Tell him you promise to work against him during his next election with time and money. Then do it.

Last edited: