Thread: A Profound Look At The State Of 2A Through The Eyes of Author, John Longenecker

Dublin, California, United States

A Profound Look At The State Of 2A Through The Eyes of Author, John Longenecker

Author, speaker, and radio program guest, John Longenecker, turns convention on its head regarding our understanding of how the gun control lobby plays a vital role in much more than our 2nd Amendment Rights in this country.

In My Coffee
    "JL: Well, these guys, they can wait generations. The German philosophers who first started all this nonsense--Hegel, Marx, Engels, all these German philosophers, they proceeded from a position of anger, of real psychological impairment, in the laboratory of a society that doesn’t think the way we do here in the United States. This stuff was imported. Tried here, they know they will have to wait generations to get what they want so they are very, very patient. They’ve been patient since the 1800s. And, actually, this has been going on for hundreds and hundreds of years. But, basically, it was formulated and it was articulated with the German philosophers and when it was imported here, they thought, “It works!” because they attempted it and the next thing you know, liberalism takes root.
    YCC: That’s actually a very thought-provoking concept. I can’t wait to see what kind of comments we receive on that discussion topic."

"Aluminum foil hats...get your aluminum foil hats!"

To assert that 'those' philosophers have a "psychological impairment" is such B.S. Is he stating that his philosophical stance is somehow 'better', or 'more pure' than...German philosophers *shivers*. He forgot to mention Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc.

"Thought-provoking" concept...the questioner is right, the interviewee has formed a 'concept'. Now the question is whether or not it has any validity to it.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 05-13-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    "Thought-provoking" concept...the questioner is right, the interviewee has formed a 'concept'. Now the question is whether or not it has any validity to it.
    It certainly seems to hold validity. The question is whether or not it's validity is based on logic or simply faulty thinking. With respect to JL, the subject off the Examiner's (Dragon's) interview, this thinking appears to be based on sound reasoning, good judgement, and logical thinking. With respect to gun control advocates who've indeed been around for hundreds of years, if not thousands (well, arms control advocates, anyway) it's largely faulty, muddy thinking. Whether some of those advocates were German philosophers or not really isn't germaine to issue, aside from an interesting sidenote.
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.

mayberry, nc
    you should change out the word liberal for "progressive".

liberal can be meant to be for liberty or say the liberal application of rights.

progressives think (know)they know better than the masses. and you should listen to them. and if you don't , well...
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.