• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Profound Look At The State Of 2A Through The Eyes of Author, John Longenecker

Beretta92FSLady

"JL: Well, these guys, they can wait generations. The German philosophers who first started all this nonsense--Hegel, Marx, Engels, all these German philosophers, they proceeded from a position of anger, of real psychological impairment, in the laboratory of a society that doesn’t think the way we do here in the United States. This stuff was imported. Tried here, they know they will have to wait generations to get what they want so they are very, very patient. They’ve been patient since the 1800s. And, actually, this has been going on for hundreds and hundreds of years. But, basically, it was formulated and it was articulated with the German philosophers and when it was imported here, they thought, “It works!” because they attempted it and the next thing you know, liberalism takes root.
YCC: That’s actually a very thought-provoking concept. I can’t wait to see what kind of comments we receive on that discussion topic."
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...-how-gun-rights-make-for-safer-streets-part-i

"Aluminum foil hats...get your aluminum foil hats!"

To assert that 'those' philosophers have a "psychological impairment" is such B.S. Is he stating that his philosophical stance is somehow 'better', or 'more pure' than...German philosophers *shivers*. He forgot to mention Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc.

"Thought-provoking" concept...the questioner is right, the interviewee has formed a 'concept'. Now the question is whether or not it has any validity to it.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
"Thought-provoking" concept...the questioner is right, the interviewee has formed a 'concept'. Now the question is whether or not it has any validity to it.

It certainly seems to hold validity. The question is whether or not it's validity is based on logic or simply faulty thinking. With respect to JL, the subject off the Examiner's (Dragon's) interview, this thinking appears to be based on sound reasoning, good judgement, and logical thinking. With respect to gun control advocates who've indeed been around for hundreds of years, if not thousands (well, arms control advocates, anyway) it's largely faulty, muddy thinking. Whether some of those advocates were German philosophers or not really isn't germaine to issue, aside from an interesting sidenote.

papa bear

you should change out the word liberal for "progressive".

liberal can be meant to be for liberty or say the liberal application of rights.

progressives think (know)they know better than the masses. and you should listen to them. and if you don't , well...