• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Times Square

jbone

Refreshing!

I surprised some local gun-rights entrepreneur has never designed car wraps for vehicles, or slap- on and take off signage, window silk screening, pull down car baby shades with a pro message, anything. I’d sure buy!

xxx.jakk.xxx

Makes me think of a billboard I used to see every time I went down to Oregon when I was younger. It is very large, on I-5 and has a picture of Uncle Sam on it with the owner's messages of the day/ week/ month. Not sure how often he updated it but it always said something different each time I saw it.

amlevin

Makes me think of a billboard I used to see every time I went down to Oregon when I was younger. It is very large, on I-5 and has a picture of Uncle Sam on it with the owner's messages of the day/ week/ month. Not sure how often he updated it but it always said something different each time I saw it.

You are referring to the "Hamilton Farms" billboard/Sign.

http://seattlest.com/2008/07/24/seattle_to_portland_the_uncle_sam_b.php

Love this sign message:

mexicans.jpg

BTW, this billboard was ordered removed by the state and the owner received a letter from the AG telling him he had to do so. He said "Stuff It" and the Court agreed with him.

Last edited:

xxx.jakk.xxx

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I can't believe they didn't think that the Speech on it was protected... I hope they had to pay him for attempting that kind of BS.

Just Google Alien and Sedition Acts of (1798?).

Federalists--yeah, those guys who promoted the constitution--passed a law directly repugnant to the Bill of Rights free speech clause. They simply didn't care.

Some things never change. The willingness of some in government to try to obtain their own goal in direct contradiction of rights, figuring they can get away with it, for example.

The fact we have a Bill of Rights free speech clause is the first clue that government can be expected to try to restrict speech.

Last edited: