Thread: Will be visiting Vermont. OC question....

Will be visiting Vermont. OC question....

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I can OC in Vermont even though i'm NOT a citizen of Vermont (i'm from CT) and will be spending a week up there this summer. I know residents don't need a permit to carry, but didn't know if that pertained to out of staters. Thanks!!
    Last edited by USAR-VET; 05-13-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Just found an answer to my own question. You do not have to be a resident to carry. Damn, I might just have to move there as CT is the complete opposite in terms of gun laws(or lack there of).

Just remember, the Article IV Section 21 of the US Constitution says that residents of other states have the same rights, immunities, and privileges as those of that are resident of the state you travel through. ....laws apply equally regardless of residency.

Section 2.

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

A person charged in any state with treason, felony, or other crime, who shall flee from justice, and be found in another state, shall on demand of the executive authority of the state from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the state having jurisdiction of the crime.