• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will be visiting Vermont. OC question....

USAR-VET

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I can OC in Vermont even though i'm NOT a citizen of Vermont (i'm from CT) and will be spending a week up there this summer. I know residents don't need a permit to carry, but didn't know if that pertained to out of staters. Thanks!!

Last edited:

USAR-VET

Just found an answer to my own question. You do not have to be a resident to carry. Damn, I might just have to move there as CT is the complete opposite in terms of gun laws(or lack there of).

knight0334

Just remember, the Article IV Section 21 of the US Constitution says that residents of other states have the same rights, immunities, and privileges as those of that are resident of the state you travel through. ....laws apply equally regardless of residency.

Section 2.

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

A person charged in any state with treason, felony, or other crime, who shall flee from justice, and be found in another state, shall on demand of the executive authority of the state from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the state having jurisdiction of the crime.