• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Todd Hunter

Harleyman007

I just got off the phone with Todd Hunter and he asked me to have Mr. Lavender to contact him early next week and he would help him find a vehicle (another Bill) to amend to get this bill passed this session. He is a fan of open carry and of George Lavender. I sent Mr. Lavender a message to let him know of the conversation I had and will update you as soon as I hear back from them. I also found out the fastest way to get a response is communicating with them on facebook.

Cowboy_Rick

I received a call from Phil King today concerning HB2756 but missed the call, couldn't make out the message-so maybe something GOOD is about to happen! He's my REPRESENTATIVE.

KBCraig

That would be Rep. Todd Hunter, of District 32 (Corpus Christi), I presume?

The chair of the Calendars Committee, who didn't get 2756 on the calendar? Interesting.

Harleyman007

The chair of the Calendars Committee, who didn't get 2756 on the calendar? Interesting.

That would be correct, he said he just received the bill too late to get it on the calendar. He is in full support and will help find a bill to attach it to.

Brion

I already addressed thin in another post when I spoke with his Legislative Coordinator. Calendars has to take bills on a first come first serve basis. The short story is they work till 10pm to get to every bill that they can to catch up. But here at the end of the 140 days they are in session every two years they are overloaded with bills. BG 2756 showed up too late. The chair has no say as to when any bill gets brought up contrary to popular beliefe.

In fact it was the same Legislative Coordinator that told me about vehicle bills in the house, how they have to be germain amended, but it has to deal with the same subject matter. Unlike the Senate, you can tac something like saaaaaaay Campus Carry to a financial bill. :)

Last edited: