• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Honest Rating System

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Right, but the targets are those who will vote against OC, not those who went along to get along when there was no chance of OC getting through. We will never be powerful enough to replace everyone with Ron Paul clones. No sense in alienating people who will vote for or sponsor our bill.

Look as incentive from the lobby to say: you got a B this time around because you messed up on X; next time, vote with us and you'll get the A that you think you deserve. It certainly is how lobbying works.

By no means do I wish to antagonize our "gods." I just want to show them a mirror.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
The Tentative List is Up!

Was it an hour from my last post? I don't know how much time it took, but I used your educated guesses, the votes in committee, and your comments to make the list at the top of this post. I need your help to edit it before we can make another post and move on to the house.

77zach

Sooo.. Is it an absolute certainty that any OC bill must go through the criminal justice committee? I always assumed so because 790 is titled "crimes". And any OC bill would modify 790.

Which brings me to my Senator, Dean. I'm going to make an appointment to see him soon. Just waiting for additional talking points/strategy from Fl Carry. I've downloaded the hearing from the committee, and his objections are very easy to debunk completely using common sense, historical precedent, and the laws/procedures of other states. Assuming he's not just a total anti (which some here say is the case) he could be convinced. And if we have 20 votes for OC in the senate, with 21 needed, A yes vote for Dean means it gets past CJ and the full senate.

If you can't get it through Dean, then you have to wait? But how long can we afford to do that? Rick Scott is amenable. But what happens if he gets voted out? There will never be enough support to override a veto.

What about the House? Do we have 51%? If we don't Dean Cannon is more than happy to let the neocons hide and not let it come to a vote. Will we have to wait until Dorworth is Speaker???

I'm getting depressed thinking about our prospects next year.

j4l

Yet another reason to work towards replacing them. With our own folks,about whom we dont need to wonder,worry or doubt as to where they stand. Get enough folks to step up in enough districts, and eventually we've got this in the bag-and no more yapping about "convincing" begging or grovelling to folks who already know damned well what's what-they just want their ego's stroked.

Instead of relying on others to do things for us, we need to work towards doing for ourselves. That;s not going to happen with one candidate here, one there, etc. Its going to take a joint effort by X number of allied candidates across the state.

Last edited:

crashnjax

Yet another reason to work towards replacing them. With our own folks,about whom we dont need to wonder,worry or doubt as to where they stand. Get enough folks to step up in enough districts, and eventually we've got this in the bag-and no more yapping about "convincing" begging or grovelling to folks who already know damned well what's what-they just want their ego's stroked.

Instead of relying on others to do things for us, we need to work towards doing for ourselves. That;s not going to happen with one candidate here, one there, etc. Its going to take a joint effort by X number of allied candidates across the state.

Im in agreement. From the list that was posted so far it is my belief we need 23 candidates willing to run for the state senate. This needs to be a serious grass roots campaign to give Florida back to the people and make it free. No holds barr. An all out effort for 2012 election. If your interested in running get in touch with me. :dude:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Taking grades down for now at the behest of some of our elders, who believe that some of the folks didn't merit the grades that we've given them. Suggestions regarding grades are always welcomed, but they get the final say in this regard.

The names will stay up.

77zach

Also, it would be helpful if we knew the nature of the concerns for each particular "No" republican. Understanding the politics of this is important for the 2011 session. Here are some of the reasons (excuses?) known.

Senator Dean believes some LEOs will be uncomfortable with people OCing. Evidently, the rights of his constituents come in second to the attitudes of a minority of LEOs.

Senator Bennett's father chased his mother around with a gun, so now he doesn't like gun rights. (Per his aide).

Senator Bogdanoff thinks people in South Florida won't "like" it. She's afraid of the "kind of person who would do it."

I don't know what Fl carry will suggest, but really it comes down to scaring people. In particular scaring business away from large retailers, which is absurd in the extreme. I guess when we go to our district offices we just ask them what their concerns are and alleviate them. I need a picture of some fishing event OCers, preferably unlicensed, posing with some sheriff deputies so I can show them to Dean, lol.

Maybe some of us in North Florida go across the border to a publix or a walmart and videotape ourselves OCing and other people NOT freaking out.

Last edited:

crashnjax

Also, it would be helpful if we knew the nature of the concerns for each particular "No" republican. Understanding the politics of this is important for the 2011 session. Here are some of the reasons (excuses?) known.

Senator Dean believes some LEOs will be uncomfortable with people OCing. Evidently, the rights of his constituents come in second to the attitudes of a minority of LEOs.

Senator Bennett's father chased his mother around with a gun, so now he doesn't like gun rights. (Per his aide).

Senator Bogdanoff thinks people in South Florida won't "like" it. She's afraid of the "kind of person who would do it."

I don't know what Fl carry will suggest, but really it comes down to scaring people. In particular scaring business away from large retailers, which is absurd in the extreme. I guess when we go to our district offices we just ask them what their concerns are and alleviate them. I need a picture of some fishing event OCers, preferably unlicensed, posing with some sheriff deputies so I can show them to Dean, lol.

Maybe some of us in North Florida go across the border to a publix or a walmart and videotape ourselves OCing and other people NOT freaking out.

Well you have some good points, but Is not the job of politicians to do what the majority of his or her registered voters say? Correct me if i am mistaken. Elected officials are to be the WILL of the majority of voters. :exclaim::idea: