• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Westport

cash50

peterarthur - I agree with you. All the personal questions people feel entitled to can get old.

mjk

Wow, can I come hang out with you guys next time you OC? I'd love to have someone that knowledgeable and informed with me when I'm out ha ha.

Last edited:

ChiangShih

Wow, can I come hang out with you guys next time you OC? I'd love to have someone that knowledgeable and informed with me when I'm out ha ha.

Lol, we are always out and about KC, if you want to set something small up send me a private message.

lancers

Hmmm. There is obviously two sides to this story. I'm sure the cops would say things happened quite differently. We don't even have a recording of the incident, much less HD video from when you left your house that day until when you got home. I don't think I can believe you. You were most likely looking to bait the police until you can show evidence that you were not.

"Everything is hearsay, thats not debatable." afcarry

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Hmmm. There is obviously two sides to this story. I'm sure the cops would say things happened quite differently. We don't even have a recording of the incident, much less HD video from when you left your house that day until when you got home. I don't think I can believe you. You were most likely looking to bait the police until you can show evidence that you were not.

Touche'

afcarry

Well I do have a witness, and neither one of us is known statewide for separating the OC movement, and causing a municipality to outright ban open carry. Just sayin'. And the cops aren't stalking me, and they don't actively pursue me, and I don't ask for it.

00%20your%20argument%20is%20invalid.jpeg

I had to throw in the picture because its funny.

Last edited:

ChiangShih

I was there, thats pretty much how it happened.

Also, this post is clearly indicative of your predisposition to baiting, as you are baiting an argument by bringing up old issues. You are obviously not very mature and you look for trouble. This does not surprise me and only adds to the reasons why I would avoid you and any OC event you may attend or be a part of. If you do ever see me at a meet, please don't introduce yourself.

Moreover, I'll go ahead and report your post for bating and harassment.

Last edited:

peterarthur

Found this video, just curious if this is what Westport is like in KC?
(I hope this video thing works on the forum... Might have to click something. Just curious.

Actually, while I find the video interesting, I am horrified at the lack of muzzle discipline. If those were or had been loaded, I would have been terribly ticked off if I had been swept by any of those morons...

While a little funny, I think it only gives "ammo" to the anti's... that we are a bunch of safety oblivious cowboys... sorry to rain on your video... lol

afcarry

I agree, MSP, it is humor. Consider this as well: If I heard a "shot" and then looked around and saw 7 other people presenting weapons... How would eight separate people react when none of them knows which armed individual fired the initial shot and at who?

"Today in Houston a great firefight erupted when eight armed gunmen (because the media likes redundancy) allegedly defended each other. They are all now dead."

ChiangShih

Lol, being from Texas (Austin), I enjoyed the video. The guy nearest to the woman pulls out a Desert Eagle. I don't know how comfortably you could conceal that thing.

mspgunner

I agree, MSP, it is humor. Consider this as well: If I heard a "shot" and then looked around and saw 7 other people presenting weapons... How would eight separate people react when none of them knows which armed individual fired the initial shot and at who?

"Today in Houston a great firefight erupted when eight armed gunmen (because the media likes redundancy) allegedly defended each other. They are all now dead."

Did you notice - No one fired a shot!

peterarthur

It's humor!

Yeah, i know. I laughed pretty hard the first time I saw it years ago. :)

I just find it less funny now that I carry in public, because sheeple already have misconceptions that make it difficult to open carry and the video enforces negative stereotypes to the ignorant masses.

Doesn't mean it isn't funny :D Maybe I am a little weary of dealing with ignorant people... like police and sheep... lol

Richieg150

Lol, being from Texas (Austin), I enjoyed the video. The guy nearest to the woman pulls out a Desert Eagle. I don't know how comfortably you could conceal that thing.

I just happen to own a Desert Eagle, and with a shirt not tucked in, and somewhat loose fitting, comfortable concealing it isnt a problem. My problem is with a holster on my waist, I have to draw it along ways up to clear the holster,almost up to my armpit, so I recently acquired a thumb brake thigh holster for it that works sweet.Now the thigh holster is harder to conceal, but I have a couple of coats that hang down lower that will do that job if I choose to CCW that weapon.

ChiangShih

I just happen to own a Desert Eagle, and with a shirt not tucked in, and somewhat loose fitting, comfortable concealing it isnt a problem. My problem is with a holster on my waist, I have to draw it along ways up to clear the holster,almost up to my armpit, so I recently acquired a thumb brake thigh holster for it that works sweet.Now the thigh holster is harder to conceal, but I have a couple of coats that hang down lower that will do that job if I choose to CCW that weapon.

Oh man, you should bring that thing to one of the meets! That or to the KC area shoot (if we get it set).

Richieg150

No problem bringing it or letting you guys try it out on a range. Mine is a .357 Mark VI, I chose that caliber,because IMHO:The most effective handgun round on the market - regardless of caliber - is the Federal .357 Magnum 125 grain jacketed hollowpoint (357B). This load has more stopping power than any other handgun bullet (and this includes more powerful rounds like the .41 and .44 Magnums).I have a Model 28 S&W .357, and wanted a semi-auto that shot this round, so I chose The Desert Eagle, I had a couple of other guns to chose from, but chose The Desert Eagle. The gun is far more accurate than I'm capable of putting it thru, and the recoil is SWEET. My S&W P99 .40 has more recoil than my Desert Eagle, but the Eagle is maybe a tab bit louder...:)

Richieg150

For those sticklers who are addament about crossing every T, and dotting every i. I see that my 1 finger typeing has letr me down, AGAIN. My Desert Eagle is a Model VII, NOT VI, didnt catch that until i hit submit...

Richieg150

Heres a couple of interesting things on the .357 cartridge....WW II
General George Patton

He referred to his S&W .357 Magnum as his "killing machine"....

The .357 did duty in the Korean War and proved very effective at penetrating the body armor worn by Chinese Communists. It was also carried during the Vietnam conflict and was used effectively. I have a good friend who is alive today because of his use of a .357 (the gun was given to him by Elmer Keith) on a VC who had homemade armor. The VC shot several men in the compound and was not stopped until my friend got his .357 going. They found later the Viet Cong had metal plates tied in front and on his back. The .45 ACP did not penetrate, but the .357 made holes in and out!

It's use as a Police weapon began to be curtailed in the 1960's. It had proven very effective against criminals.... so much so that the protests said it was too effective! Litigation and political pressure caused many Police agencies to look for a weapon that had a "nicer" public image and little by little the .357 was phased out. Very few Departments today use them.