• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indiana Surpreme court says cops don't need permission to enter your house

Wolf1477

This is going to be what brings blood to the streets. Some chucklehead LEO is gonna want to do "random" searches (targeted searches without RAS) and some citizen's going to get shot...oh wait...it already has:

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_b3177522-baa0-5c9e-9f0d-d3d7da6e9e4b.html
http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/16/marine-survives-two-tours-in-i

Basically a blockwide no-knock warrant. 71 rounds fired by LEO (Marines rifle was still on "Safe"), 60 holes in the Marine with his wife and one of his children still in the house.

AaronS

This is going to be what brings blood to the streets. Some chucklehead LEO is gonna want to do "random" searches (targeted searches without RAS) and some citizen's going to get shot...oh wait...it already has:

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_b3177522-baa0-5c9e-9f0d-d3d7da6e9e4b.html
http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/16/marine-survives-two-tours-in-i

Basically a blockwide no-knock warrant. 71 rounds fired by LEO (Marines rifle was still on "Safe"), 60 holes in the Marine with his wife and one of his children still in the house.

Milwaukees own Ed Flynn must love this stuff. Can't help but wonder if he is going to try this as well. Could only wish his is the first home "searched"...

HandyHamlet

Violations of our rights can be redressed later in court.

Lets take the very recent shooting of the Marine in Arizona and move it to Indiana. Let us say the courts determined the raid was illegal. The SWAT team entered and killed the Marine as he met them with a loaded firearm.

Since the State says he can not resist illegal entry by the Police that means his widow has no Civil Case? Even though the courts decided the entry was illegal. His death was caused by his own resistance. So the violation of his and his families Constitutional Rights would in fact NOT be redressed later in court?

:question:

M

McX

i probably shouldnt say this, but i dont give a damn what the authorities think they can snake past us, entry into my home without a warrant, or invitation will force me into a defensive position.

AaronS

i probably shouldnt say this, but i dont give a damn what the authorities think they can snake past us, entry into my home without a warrant, or invitation will force me into a defensive position.

Your not alone my friend. This new Indiana "law of the land" is proof that we need to keep an eye open at all times.
As far as I see it, Indiana is a police state, and the people don't care enough to put a stop to this. I would not even think about any visit to the place.
If this story is all true, the Indiana Supreme Court should be replaced - TODAY - !

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

Last week the Jerry Bader Show 97.5 fm was talking about this story, He was asking for people to call in & tell him what they thought..so I called in and was put on the air ( He even used my name :) ) ..I said that We have rights & protections from Illegal search's that our founding fathers gave us, then I said that I would treat such any illegal entry by a police officer or any Government agent, the same way I would treat a scum bag breaking into my home...With force of Arms, yes the use of a firearm. I also added on the air if our rights continue to be slowly removed by the courts that eventually an armed uprising would occure.

Then the next caller..said something about our rights going away & revolution :) lol I started something

Aarons >> This entire country is a police state....

Last edited:
M

McX

we should all used this pic as our avitars, to show, at least for a time, our position on this matter. i have, and will return to Daaaamn! later.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
Lets take the very recent shooting of the Marine in Arizona and move it to Indiana. Let us say the courts determined the raid was illegal. The SWAT team entered and killed the Marine as he met them with a loaded firearm.

Since the State says he can not resist illegal entry by the Police that means his widow has no Civil Case? Even though the courts decided the entry was illegal. His death was caused by his own resistance. So the violation of his and his families Constitutional Rights would in fact NOT be redressed later in court?

:question:
Nonsense. The Indiana Supreme Court's ruling said only that when your rights are violated, physical resistance is no longer one of your remedies, and you should instead take your case to court and not duke it out with the cop at your doorstep (or whereever else a disputed police act may occur).

HandyHamlet

So the wife could successfully sue the police in civil court for the death of her husband?

Last edited: