• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Fishing events.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Ummm. No Sean. In the context of the Fort Myers event I was referencing, I meant hundreds at the Fair Tax/Tea Party rally that was occuring simultaneously.

But Sean is right, there were over 100 persons at the inaugural Melbourne fishing event.

Ah, didn't know you were referring to that one. But yes, we have had hundreds for the purpose of OC also.

ADulay

For those of you who are still interested, this Saturday (as in tomorrow!) is another Open Carry Saturday (always the 2nd Saturday) and there's plenty of places in the state to attend for a few hours, openly carrying your daily carry gun, while drinking some coffee and drowning some worms.

Always a good time and you can meet some of the people you see on these Florida boards!

AD (I'll be at my usual Fort Myers downtown location)

Rick H

Well as many of you know I went to the Skyway Fishing pier on 8-21-11 and Open Carried and there was not one single problem there.
And for the first time of anybody open carrying there that I am aware of it went very smoothly and I would recommend it, mainly because the
price to get on also includes your fishing license plus there are many people there to educate on the practice of open carry.

Ironside

Visit Florida Carry for photos of a successful Meet at Orlando's Lake Underhill park fishing pier. We had five attendees (plus a visiting spouse) and even managed to catch a fish! A good time was had by all, made new friends and no complications.

I also visited Ocoee's fishing pier on the way home and experienced no problems.

Last edited:

ADulay

Hey guys and gals,

This is a bit late but it's that time of the month again!

Yes, it's the second Saturday of the month and that means "Open Carry Saturday" at a city near you all around the state.

If you're in the mood to open carry legally and maybe even catch a fish, track down your nearest Open Carry event and enjoy a few hours.

Me? I'll be at Centennial Park in Fort Myers at 10am to get caught up on legislative matters, drink some coffee, eat a donut (or two) and generally answer questions from the public as they look on!

AD (sorry, I just like open carry!)

ADulay

I can't believe I'm this late making this post but it's that time of the month again.

If you need to get some quality "open carry" time out in the fresh air, this Saturday is the way to go.

I'll be at the Fort Myers Open Carry/Fishing site as will many others around the state.

If you're new to open carry and not quite sure of how to handle it when around a lot of people, check out one of these events!

AD