• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking of Giving U-M The Finger

office888

Gentlemen, less politics, more UofM.

Although I support the freedom to wear what you want, I find that the extremes of either end are usually the least informed about one another.

I love the Muslims. If it weren't for them, Greek and Roman literature would have been almost completely destroyed and/or censored during the Crusades. You probably would never have heard of Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, or even Euclidean geometry.

If you want to be proactive about firearms carry on campus, it's best not to piss people off, or they'll tend to ignore whatever message you have. No matter how right the message is. Just some advice.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
i have one of these

http://www.auctionarms.com/closed/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=8259019&printitem=1

it was free... i would have never bought it. it's more of a curio than a reliable BUG
The closest thing I have to a "mouse gun" is this:
Makarov1.JPG

Granted, as mouse guns go, it's not all that small. About the same size as a Walther PP, and probably a bit heavier. But the 9x18mm Makarov round is definitely better than the .22S/L/LR, .25ACP, 32ACP, and probably the .380ACP. And as BUGs go, it is totally reliable. :)

Attachments

• Makarov1.JPG
    Makarov1.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 47

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Gentlemen, less politics, more UofM.

Although I support the freedom to wear what you want, I find that the extremes of either end are usually the least informed about one another.

I love the Muslims. If it weren't for them, Greek and Roman literature would have been almost completely destroyed and/or censored during the Crusades. You probably would never have heard of Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, or even Euclidean geometry.

If you want to be proactive about firearms carry on campus, it's best not to piss people off, or they'll tend to ignore whatever message you have. No matter how right the message is. Just some advice.
If your message is guns are good, anti-gun laws are bad, you're gonna piss them off anyway. Just wear some "Gun Control = Murder" buttons on campus and see. Even less offensive is the "Guns Save Lives" buttons, that will still piss them off as they'll think YOU are spreading false propaganda.

eastmeyers

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, I for one do NOT condone carrying concealed in a CEZ! It is illegal, therefore against the laws of the land. That being said, the phrase "its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes to mind. But keep in mind, whatever you decide to do in this instance, DO NOT POST IT ON AN OPEN FORUM!!! IF you carry concealed in a CEZ and get caught you WILL most likely loose your CPL for a certain amount of time, and MAY face jail time and penalties, as well as lawyer fees.

Just my $0.02 and its worth exactly what you paid for it.

***IANAL***

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Let me make one thing perfectly clear, I for one do NOT condone carrying concealed in a CEZ! It is illegal, therefore against the laws of the land. That being said, the phrase "its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes to mind. But keep in mind, whatever you decide to do in this instance, DO NOT POST IT ON AN OPEN FORUM!!! IF you carry concealed in a CEZ and get caught you WILL most likely loose your CPL for a certain amount of time, and MAY face jail time and penalties, as well as lawyer fees.

Just my $0.02 and its worth exactly what you paid for it.

***IANAL***

Except for any area referred to in MCL 28.425o , the campus is not a CEZ.... at least according to the state of Michigan. http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-425o

Also, I remember that there were quite a few "exceptions" that I believe would cover me if I happened to be on campus. I am in no way advocating that the poster do what I would. Any student who attends UofM has agreed to abide by their policies... for better or worse and would most likely have little recourse if they were punished for "bearing arms" on campus.

Article X "Weapons"

Section 4. Exceptions
(1) Except to the extent regulated under Subparagraph (2), the prohibitions in
this Article X do not apply:
(a) to University employees who are authorized to possess and/or use such
a device pursuant to Standard Practice Guide 201.94;
(b) to non-University law enforcement officers of legally established law
enforcement agencies or to other non-University employees who, in
either situation, are authorized by their employer to possess or use
such a device during the time the employee is engaged In work
requiring such a device;
(c) when someone possess or uses such a device as part of a military or
similar uniform or costume In connection with a public ceremony or
parade or theatrical performance;
(d) when someone possesses or uses such a device in connection with a
regularly scheduled educational, recreational or training program
authorized by the University;
(e) when someone possess or uses such a device for recreational hunting
on property which has been designated for such activity by the
University provided such possession and use is in strict compliance
with applicable law; or
(f) when the Director of the University's Department of Public Safety has
waived the prohibition based on extraordinary circumstances. Any
such waiver must be in writing and must define its scope and duration.
(2) The Director of the Department of Public Safety may impose restrictions
upon individuals who are otherwise authorized to possess or use such a
device pursuant to Subsection (1) when the Director determines that such
restrictions are appropriate under the circumstances.

citation: http://www.regents.umich.edu/ordinance.pdf