Thread: VCDL Meeting in NoVA - Thurs. 5/19/11

VCDL Meeting in NoVA - Thurs. 5/19/11

Doing my OCDO duty to remind all of you of the next VCDL Meeting in NoVA...

Thursday 05/19/11 - Mason Govt Center - Large Conference Room

Meeting Schedule (Unless Otherwise Noted Above):

• 7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering
    • 8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting
    • 9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant

Mason District Governmental Center
    6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale, VA 22003

I'll be there in spirit only. However I WILL be oc'ing out of state in OH during the meeting.

Hope I can make it, but the wife and I are down to only one car at the moment, so we might be busy car shopping.

Her car exploded (literally) last week after the power steering high pressure line burst and the engine caught fire. (On the plus side, someday she can give our son a guilt trip by telling him how she pulled him from a burning car. That's got to be worth something.)
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

David Ramadan - 87th district for VA House of Delegates will address the VCDL members

http://www.david4delegate.com/issues/

Quote Originally Posted by David Ramadan
    Personal Property, the 2nd Amendment and Constitutional Rights

As someone who fell in love with America by reading its constitution, I believe as our Founding Fathers did that smaller government is indeed the best government. I will be an advocate for property rights and will oppose any and all efforts of the Government to confiscate private property. I believe that the Government closer to the people is more aware and better serves its constituents. As such, I will support all efforts which reiterate and establish the 10th Amendment, and will oppose any state mandates on localities without proper funding and a proper hearing.

As an avid outdoorsman and hunter, I believe in the second amendment and will oppose any and all efforts to restrict gun ownership for the law abiding.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by grylnsmn View Post
    Hope I can make it, but the wife and I are down to only one car at the moment, so we might be busy car shopping.

Her car exploded (literally) last week after the power steering high pressure line burst and the engine caught fire. (On the plus side, someday she can give our son a guilt trip by telling him how she pulled him from a burning car. That's got to be worth something.)
    Props to your wife. Glad all are Ok. It's a bummer to lose your car but much better that no one was injured.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I think I may show up to this. How well do you guys take to a youngin coming out? I've been around/studied weapons for a while since I was a kid and finally came about to buying a HK USP40 compact which I might open carry but currently in the market for something not so big. What is usually discussed at these meetings and what is the average age group for them?

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Come on out! At the meetings current gun legislation, gun rights issues, and other related issues are discussed (usually along the lines of what gets sent out in the VCDL VA-ALERTs which is free to sign up for even if you're not a VCDL member). Then most of us head over to a local restaurant after the meeting for dinner.

As for age, VCDL members come from all age groups. I know quite a few in the area who fit that description, myself being one of them. In fact, I joined VCDL and started attending meetings when I was 18.
    And I'm going to guess atleast 90% of attendees come carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by supranite90 View Post
    And I'm going to guess atleast 90% of attendees come carrying?
    good guesser. :-)
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

[QUOTE=ed;1534511]good guesser. :-)[/Q]

Lol...I guess I'll see you there...I might bring the girlfriend too to educate her a bit

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Small world it is...nice meeting you and re-meeting your gf!
    LOL....yea it was a very informative meeting...and when you re-met my gf, I was like "whoa...wait a sec...you know him? how? WTF?!?!?!" But yea small world...and she got some insite(sp?) on other views of firearms carriers and how the law works and why we carry....i just wish that other law abiding citizens would be open minded to other points of views instead of being biased towards their view thinking it is the only way....especially when it came to the shootings (mainly the college ones) that it could have been stopped if a few students where allowed to carry (open or CC) it would have drastically reduced the amount of deaths (from my point of view)....as I told my ex-gf...guns arn't bad...its the people behind the gun that makes that choice...the gun is a tool...

P.S. Just saw the new Pirates movie....wasn't all that bad....and as for my bad sentence structure...i blame my sleeping medicine...sorry

Candidate for 87th District spoke:
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -