• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Troubled Walkers In Wisconsin!

anmut

Politicians never get it do they? Because gun owners are always on the political battleground fighting for their rights we, as a whole, are very political and involved. Why politicians would want to piss off the people that watch them the closest and speak the loudest is beyond me...

CalicoJack10

Again, I can't say if it is true or not, but it would seem that this is a little too well written to be all BS in my opinion. That is why I put it out there, the worst thing that could happen is that they get a bunch of e-mails and letters letting them know that we are watching out for this kind of thing.

Most of these guys are looking to the next election, and not to what we elected them to do. I hate to say this, but the truth is that most politicians are all about keeping their jobs and don't pay much attention to what the people want them to do.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Again, I can't say if it is true or not, but it would seem that this is a little too well written to be all BS in my opinion.

That exact sentiment could explain a WAVE statement as well. For the record, I know WAVE's data is BS, but fence-sitters may be swayed.

I'll wait for confirmation on this before I start calling them on it. If we jump the gun and start accusing them and threatening their jobs and this turns out to be BS; we all just look like tinfoil hat types and they will dismiss us and only listen to the "reasonable" gun owners. You know, the one's who think a 40-hour training course and a database are good ideas.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Until we can get independent confirmation of Corey Graff's "inside information" that the sky is falling, I'm going to remain skeptical.

I had heard the rumor about Jeff Fitzgerald blocking Constitutional Carry in the House but nothing about Walker or anyone other than Coggs supporting micro stamping.

No matter what, it wouldn't hurt to keep the pressure on the Fitzgerald brothers, Governor Walker and our individual Senators and Representatives telling them in clear language what we want and using facts why.

Last edited:

apjonas

Back to Reality

According to the Wisconsin Supreme Court, there is (at this time) no constitutional right to carry concealed in Wisconsin (except for the meager exceptions that flowed from Hamdan). Since the state can prohibit concealed carry (really what constitutional carry is aimed at since open carry is generally legal), they can (and have) placed restrictions on it. If this weren't true, there would be no need to change the law.

afterimages

BTW, why do the majority of the Republicans like the Fitzgerald's? Why not change that 'guard'?

amaixner

If WGO is anything like IGO (Iowa Gun Owners), I'd wait for the other side of the story to come out. It would not be inaccurate to say that from what I have seen, the state level *GO organizations, while truly standing up for our rights without compromise, also tend to exaggerate, tell only their side of the issue, harass lawmakers, and burn bridges.

HandyHamlet

Well I just got off the phone with Andrew from the Senator's office. Again.

In short Andrew's word is that BOTH brothers are on board with whatever happens 100%.
The problem is that there is no consensus and a lot of debate within the party right now. My words not his.

So now I guess we need to help them reach a consensus before next month.

Senator Scott Fitzgerald
(608) 266-5660

rcav8r

If WGO is anything like IGO (Iowa Gun Owners), I'd wait for the other side of the story to come out. It would not be inaccurate to say that from what I have seen, the state level *GO organizations, while truly standing up for our rights without compromise, also tend to exaggerate, tell only their side of the issue, harass lawmakers, and burn bridges.

Indeed. You should have seen the flyer the WGO was handing out at the Madison hearings. It was trash. Most people I saw wound up using the back of it for taking notes. The dishiveled appearance of the guy handig them out didn't really add any credibility to WGO either. I consider them a fringe group of gun rights.

phred

Did Mr. Graf testify in Wausau?

Yes, and if you people watch the video (I can't because my Internet access is way too slow) check out the World War II connection. His father was in Okinawa and needed a 45 ACP 1911 in case he was shot down over Japan, but the next phrase was some Nazi Germany quote. I didn't think the Germans had a big presence in the Pacific theater.

After hearing that, I just went "Huh?" Maybe I heard it wrong.