• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harrasment of a Law Student

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Trying to bait members is unacceptable behavior!

Why would you do such a thing?

John

I knew the story was false. I searched for it when I heard it on Fox News. There was actually a guest defending the jerk who lied. I wanted to see how some of the posters here would react if the fact that the story was an admitted total lie was not revealed. So I posted only the part that the liar wrote, and left out the report that he lied.

Oh well. We'll never know how some here might have reacted.

Anyway, it appears that he will be allowed to graduate. I hope the bar sees this as a reason to deny admission.

eye95

I wasn't "baiting" anyone. Someone else used that term to characterize the first post. I was just curious how some would react to the story as it was told. Instead, the reaction is to the telling of the story and its falseness, and now to the relating of the telling of the story--which is pretty much useless.

Oh, well.

Anyone who feels "baited" ought to look inwards for the source of the feeling. The original post was straightforward and factual.

Thundar

I wasn't "baiting" anyone. Someone else used that term to characterize the first post. I was just curious how some would react to the story as it was told. Instead, the reaction is to the telling of the story and its falseness, and now to the relating of the telling of the story--which is pretty much useless.

Oh, well.

Anyone who feels "baited" ought to look inwards for the source of the feeling. The original post was straightforward and factual.

Eye,

I have not always agreed with your point of view, but I respected you for your straightforward and honest opinions. Posting something that you know to be full of lies has done significant damage to your credibility.

Making the members of this forum part of your warped experiment shows how little you value the camradere and fellowship that those that have been here for many years enjoy. It is, without question an insult.

Blaming others (look inward comment) for your disrespectful behaviour is immature and below you. Grow up.

riverrat10k

A more honest approach to the post...

..would have been to snip it as you did but also add "what does everyone think of this story?"
Again you are disingenuous in your actions. You were stirring the pot. Bored?
I will repeat:
What reaction were you looking for, and WHY?