Thread: Massachusetts Boy Charged With Bringing Toy Gun on Bus

Angry Massachusetts Boy Charged With Bringing Toy Gun on Bus

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/14...stnews#content

"Police say a 9-year-old elementary school student from Palmer, Mass., will be summoned to juvenile court to face charges for bringing a toy handgun on the school bus, MyFoxBoston.com reports."

You just have to love the moron that said there was no indication he intended to hurt anyone but the rules are the rules.

What a messed up system our government continues to grow.

Sounds like a good law suit to me, the public school systems are such a joke with idiots pushing crap like this. How people cant understand why schools are so horrible at teaching kids other than indoctrinating them is beyond me.
    Last edited by zack991; 05-15-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Sounds like a good law suit to me, the public school systems are such a joke with idiots pushing crap like this. How people cant understand why schools are so horrible at teaching kids other than indoctrinating them is beyond me.
    Seriously, teaching is indoctrination.

Back to the OT, the boy is being charged with what? It is against the law to bring a toy gun to school?
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post

Back to the OT, the boy is being charged with what? It is against the law to bring a toy gun to school?
    Teaching could be considered "indoctrination" of sorts but what they are teaching kids is that even toy guns will make you a criminal even if you had no ill harm ot anyone. Why don’t these well-paid and protected Administrators use their brain for some rational thought for a change? I would hope they understand the seriousness of real school violence verses misunderstandings. Why do they not use some rational distinctions between real threats and stupid incidents like this one?

Instead of separating the real threats from accidents like this, the school administrators hide behind the zero tolerance policy and claim there is nothing they can do. It becomes real obvious that they are just too stupid or lazy when the public outcry comes after the school board asking them are you insane, and the school hides behind the policy. Are they kidding me, you going to destroy a child's education because our administrators are either too stupid or lazy to say well it is obvious that the child meant no harm to anyone and just made an accidental or stupid mistake? Yet the kids that show obvious problems the school ignores all together.

Not only are they indoctrinating kids guns are evil no matter toy or real, they also indoctrinating kids that your not allowed to defend yourself. That your supposed to take your beating and put your faith in the "system" that the person will be caught and punished. Yet there are case after case that students that do use force to defend themselves against bullies are punished much harder than the bullies who started the fight. The school also hides behind the same stupid policy that students who defend themselves are punished if not expelled for doing so.
    Last edited by zack991; 05-16-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

In the 70s it was nothing to bring a knife to school. These days it's automatic suspension, if not expulsion. Forget about bringing a shotgun as my grandfather did when he was a boy.

What's next? Clothes, because they can be used for a hanging? How about Hot Wheels, because it's a toy car kids aren't old enough to drive?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    SNIP What's next? Clothes, because they can be used for a hanging? How about Hot Wheels, because it's a toy car kids aren't old enough to drive?
    Next should be teachers. Very dangerous ideas, some of those have.

Or, ban kids. Just the kids. Keep the teachers and their salaries. I'll go five-to-one the teachers unions won't object.

Zero Tolerance = Idiocy. Doesn't even make it up to Moron.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

... It is against the law to bring a toy gun to school?
    I'm sure it is considering I read a story of a kid being suspended for three days for having a (round tip) plastic butter knife in a bag containing supplies for a birthday party.

Have our teachers and school administrators lost all common sense?

I'm sure glad I no longer have kids in school. They'd be in trouble frequently and so would I for raising the BS flag.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I don't believe this to be true.

inĚdocĚtriĚnatĚed, inĚdocĚtriĚnatĚing, inĚdocĚtriĚnates
    1. To instruct in a body of doctrine or principles.
    2. To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view: a generation of children who had been indoctrinated against the values of their parents.

teach/tēCH/
    Verb: Show or explain to (someone) how to do something: "she taught him to read".

My kids do not go to school to be indoctrinated they go to learn math, reading, sciences. Unfortunately teachers and our education system has taken it upon themselves to go beyond teaching and that they must also indoctrinate.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

What was the crime here

Forgive my ignorance but how do you get summoned to a "court" for breaking a "policy"?
    Did the school administration press legal charges against the boy?

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but how do you get summoned to a "court" for breaking a "policy"?
    Did the school administration press legal charges against the boy?

~Whitney

My guess is that the school called the cops as part of their ridiculous zero-thought...I mean tolerance policy.

He may have been arrested for investigation of "bringing a 'weapon' to a school zone" or something like that.

"Weapon" might have a definition saying, in part: "anything that launches a projectile capable of causing injury". The department may be bound to a "zero-tolerance" policy for weapons at school, and are stretching this definition.

Hopefully the prosecutor and/or judge is a bit more capable of logical thought than the school and PD.

The parents should sue the school, if they claim to be bound by some "zero-tolerance" policy then, sue them for having such a stupid and destructive policy.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    In the 70s it was nothing to bring a knife to school......
    Even more recent than that.

I was bringing my "Swiss army knife" to school in the late eighties-early nineties. It was no big deal, I even used it in front of teachers.

There was still a rule against bringing weapons to school, but people were able to see the logical difference between a weapon and a tool.

It seemed to change almost overnight in the mid-late nineties.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 05-17-2011 at 04:20 AM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    This school has a "no contact" policy (how do they play football??) and it didn't matter to the principal that the boy she hugged was her BROTHER!!
    Oh, brother!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.