• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Janesville Police against Concealed Carry!!!

paul@paul-fisher.com

Good to see Walworth County Sheriff is sticking to his word. When I talked to him last spring, he said the only reason he didn't like the previous cc laws was because it would take deputies off the street. He explained that it would of increased his staff's administrative level.

It seems that he will support either law because there is no local mandate for labor. The Constitutional Carry bill has no permits and the Shall Issue bill, the permits are handled at the state level.

protias

Yes, because law abiding citizens are different in this state than from any other state. :rolleyes:

MR Redenck

You seem to be thinking of Johnsonville, not Janesville. Janesville was where GM had a big factory that was closed down once Obama bought it. Johnsoneville is made in Sheboygan. Clear as mud now?

Good, cause I like em. Goes good with Cheese made up there in Chedder. :lol:

xd shooter

“It is going to put a certain level of stress on every interaction a police officer has with the public,” Spoden said. “It is going to put a certain degree of uncertainty in every call that officer takes. We’ll have to assume that everyone we come in contact with is carrying a firearm.”

Shouldn't they be doing that already?

MKEgal

Rock County Sheriff Bob Spoden said:
“...I think it will increase the level of violence in the state.”
:banghead:
Because that's what's happened in the other states with concealed carry, right?

Spoden said:
"We’ll have to assume that everyone we come in contact with is carrying a firearm.”
If you don't already, you'll have a short career.

Stoughton Police Chief Greg Leck said:
"It makes no sense to adopt the policies of states that have more crime, more violence and more gun deaths.”
Wonderful! So he's actually in support of Constitutional Carry then.
Because why would we want to have laws like Chicago, DC, CA, NJ?
I'd rather have laws like Vermont, Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, Florida...

Sen. Tim Cullen said:
The general rule in our society, I think, has been that I have a right to do what I want do until it comes to the point that it interferes with your right.
Exactly! So he's in support of Constitutional Carry, too.
My right to bear arms isn't any of your business unless & until I try to do something illegal to you with a firearm.

Captain Nemo

DUHHHH!!! Don't they realize that we already have the constitutional right to carry visible firearms. which counterpoints every statement they make. Do only brain dead LEO's get promoted to upper management? Of course many are political appointments which explains a lot. Usually police chiefs are but puppets of the major. Sherrifs can be deposed at election time. Lets remember that.

rcav8r

I just wrote an email to the Stoughton police chief, asking for his source of information that more guns=more crime.
I also told him that I supported concealed carry, and I hoped that when it passed he wouldn't allow his hate to flow over into his duties or policies or those of his officers.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I just wrote an email to the Stoughton police chief, asking for his source of information that more guns=more crime.
I also told him that I supported concealed carry, and I hoped that when it passed he wouldn't allow his hate to flow over into his duties or policies or those of his officers.

More Guns =More Crime came right out of WAVE's ---. He's the head of the Wisconsin Chief of Police association which is in bed with WAVE.

oak1971

Police are trained to ASSUME everyone is armed. I know this because the instructors in my Criminal Justice program were all current or former LEO and most of them taught at the Academy. I heard this many times in class.

Officers who use their training will have 0 change in their everyday job.