• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No loaded clips or magazines

NovaCop

I use to frequent a large gun show (not in this area). A while back, someone chambered a round into a semi auto and put it back down on the table. Later on in the day someone checking out the gun squeezed it off and it indirectly hit someone in the leg. The premise denied further applications from the show to hold the event for insurance reasons.

The event was able to find a new location but did enact no loaded weapons or ammo rules. They also required all guns Being sold to have cable locks. So maybe this rule is insurance based.

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

enforcement was light

We went, saw the sign and went in anyway. The officers at the desk told me I could not place my loaded magazine in my pistol after they had "banded" it. They were fine with me putting it in my pocket. No comment was made about about the loaded spare on my hip. Private property and not a horrendous restriction the way it was handled. I can live with it. My greatest fearful moment at a gun show was some years ago from a vendor demoing a concealed holster, sweeping everyone in sight including me.