• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No loaded clips or magazines

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This weekend's show in Richmond had several prominent signs that said:

"No Loaded Clips or Magazines allowed"

This is new for this show and I can't say I cared for it. I almost didn't go in. I think I'll let the promoter know...not that I think he'll care.

Marco

I noticed that sign as well.
I didn't think it applied to everyone.
They are targeting rifle and semi auto folks, those with revolvers usually use speed strips, speed loaders or loose rounds and they appear to be exempt.

Maybe they should ban guns and ammo from the shows? That would solve everything.

Last edited:

Thundar

My Kindle is loaded with magazines.....

My Kindle is loaded with over 20 magazines. Does that mean I cannot bring my Kindle? Is the Richmond Gun Show therefore a Kindle Free Zone?

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
The rules almost make it sound like a trip to the gunshow is as hostile as a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings, which doesn't like folks carrying guns either. Guess I'll stay away. Oh wait, I already do. :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Unless they've hired TSA agents to frisk people as they enter, I can't see how they plan to enforce this...

I had the same question and was ready to leave if one of the desk cops asked me to empty my pockets. I did of course unload my magazines, before I went in:uhoh:... I think.

Jonton

I've been told by several people that we have to do so at our gun shows (Chantilly, Dulles Expo Center) because of insurance purposes required by the venue. Whether this is true or not, it's the most logical excuse I've heard. However, I lose count of how many people I see drop their loaded mags into their pockets before walking passed the signs.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What will happen if you are caught violating the promoter's rules is 1) you will be told to leave the premises, 2) you may be told (in writing) that you are forever forbidden to enter any of their promotions anywhere in this or any other world, 3) depending on their mood they may or may not ask you to pose for a picture so they can post your likeness where the ticket-sellers are located, or 4) they may or may not get your likeness from one of the many security cameras and post your picture where the ticket-sellers are located. At least that is my understanding in talking with several of the reps from the promoters who bring the gun shows to RIR and The Showplace.

For some unknown reason they do not bother with steps 2, 3 and/or 4 with folks arrested at the shows.

If the shows get to the point that there is no difference between getting in to a gun show and getting on a plane I am fairly convinced that attendance will drop to the point that it is no longer profitable for the promoters or the vendors to show up.

What still amuses me is that even with the "No Loaded Clips or Magazines" I can still go in, buy clips or magazines and ammunition, and assemble them. This puts the "it's because of insurance requirements" line to the point of straining believability. Either that or the underwriters are in fact morons.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What will happen if you are caught violating the promoter's rules is 1) you will be told to leave the premises, 2) you may be told (in writing) that you are forever forbidden to enter any of their promotions anywhere in this or any other world, 3) depending on their mood they may or may not ask you to pose for a picture so they can post your likeness where the ticket-sellers are located, or 4) they may or may not get your likeness from one of the many security cameras and post your picture where the ticket-sellers are located. At least that is my understanding in talking with several of the reps from the promoters who bring the gun shows to RIR and The Showplace.

For some unknown reason they do not bother with steps 2, 3 and/or 4 with folks arrested at the shows.

If the shows get to the point that there is no difference between getting in to a gun show and getting on a plane I am fairly convinced that attendance will drop to the point that it is no longer profitable for the promoters or the vendors to show up.

What still amuses me is that even with the "No Loaded Clips or Magazines" I can still go in, buy clips or magazines and ammunition, and assemble them. This puts the "it's because of insurance requirements" line to the point of straining believability. Either that or the underwriters are in fact morons.

stay safe.

Yet another in a long list of reasons to carry a revolver!:banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Said by the man lately seen around town sporting a Euroweenie pellet-pooper on his hip.

stay safe.

Just trying to be mainstream. I suspect I may have to go back to my old ways anyhow.
I'll explain this evening. Don't want to give Claytron any ideas.:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Since when did you ever try to be mainstream? That has to be a typo. Ok who are you and where is the real Peter Nap? :lol:

Temporary insanity brought on by obscene emails.:uhoh:
Speaking of which, if you go tomorrow, remind me to discuss the upcoming townhouse meeting with HPD.:lol:

All American Nightmare

Temporary insanity brought on by obscene emails.:uhoh:
Speaking of which, if you go tomorrow, remind me to discuss the upcoming townhouse meeting with HPD.:lol:
Will not be able to go:mad::cry: Did not get off until late today and it will be the same Tuesday, Wensday, Thrusday and I really hope not Friday. On the brighter side more money for a new adventure:D;). Dammm I really wanna go.